Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL: Golden State Warriors immediately & unanimously vote against visiting Trump

Michchamp

link. I don't blame them.

Who in their right mind would want to visit Trump?

link. I don't blame them.

Who in their right mind would want to visit Trump?

I thought I wouldn't want to meet Trump under any circumstances until just recently. Recently, I realized that I wouldn't mind watching Colbert with Trump in the room. Other than something like that, no, I wouldn't want to meet Trump either.

Certainly Steven A. Smith is about to explode in righteous indignation over this.

tim-thomas-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

Agree it's a stupid "tradition" just as I feel those who boycott a certain president/party need to get over themselves a bit. That said, at this point where politics is so horribly divisive and this president in particular, so fucking weird, I don't blame any African American person from declining an audience with him. Can you imagine being Kevin Durant and having to endure one of Trump's aggro handshakes?!

Though If I were an NBA player with NBA player sized hands, I might just use that moment to apply some added pressure as the cameras click and see if I couldn't take him to his knees with a simple handshake.

Last edited:
If I were Trump I'd just tweet that I had no intention of inviting them in the first place.

Then I would invite the referees.

Then I would invite my old Celebrity Apprentice pal, Dennis Rodman.

Once he gets back from playing basketball with the crazy North Korean dictator.

Five minutes ago I heard an update on the ABC radio network-the Warriors are saying they haven't received any invitation, and they haven't decided whether or not they would except it if it were to come.

update: turns out the Warriors have not discussed a visit to the WH.

I thought the timing was too good to be true.

I wouldn't put it past trump to put out a tweet to the effect the GSWarriors are losers.

update: turns out the Warriors have not discussed a visit to the WH.

I thought the timing was too good to be true.

Well, the funniest thing about my twice liked post #7 is that the first part isn't far fetched at all.

Here's what it appears to me to have happened:

The players probably did have that vote amongst themselves, and then talked about it to their friends in the media, including this downtown Josh Brown, who I don't think I had ever heard of before but he seems to be a CNBC financial analyst who likes to talk about and tweet about sports.

So this all gets reported in the broadcast media, and the folks in the front office realize that it is now news that the players have voted to decline an invitation that hasn't been made, and the nature of this president and this White House being as it is, a response of the like that I half jokingly posted isn't improbable at all.

Which would be embarrassing to the team, and make a lot of unnecessary drama.

So they get out in front of that, and the team officially states at the direction of the front office management that they haven't declined any invitation because there's been no invitation to decline, and if an invitation is forthcoming, it will be attended to at that time.

Last edited:
If anything I'd go just to see the wife and maybe try to steal something.

Apparently the Penguins..

That's only because Trump has only had time to offend our most powerful and strategically important allies like the UK, France, Germany and Australia.

Canada will get its turn soon, eh, and when that happens, all them puckin' Canuckan Pens will change their tune, eh...

Right... cause the opinion of Trump is so high in Canada.

I'll give you a hint, its probably worse than in USA.

Last edited:
If Trump owned a professional sports team, and it won a championship, would it visit the White House?

If Trump owned a sports team, he would be so offended after the first loss he would fire all the players and coaches.

EDIT: Then file for bankruptcy

Last edited:
If Trump owned a professional sports team, and it won a championship, would it visit the White House?

no. the visit would cost 100 times what the usual visits cost, and would be held at Mar-a-lago, with the proceeds being payable to the Trump Foundation, a charitable organization that benefits needy members of the Trump family.

Back