Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 64 Tigers vs. d-backs June 14, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. J.D. Martinez, RF
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
8. Andrew Romine, CF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Jordan Zimmermann RHP

Bench: C James McCann, OF Alex Presley, OF Mikie Mahtook, IF Dixon Machado.

d-backs lineup:
blanco cf
peralta dh
goldscmidt 1b
lamb 3b
owings rf
drury 2b
herrmann lf
iannetta c
ahmed ss
walker rhp

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/06/tigers_diamondbacks_detroit_jo.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Diamondbacks: Detroit, Jordan Zimmermann go for series split vs Arizona.
Mlive

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...s-d-backs-clash-with-tigers/?topicId=26688732
Zim eyes continued success against D-backs.
Tigers official site

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370614106
Tigers shuffle rotation before hosting Diamondbacks.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/DET201706140.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, at Comerica Park, June 14, 2017 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

All-Time Arizona leads 18-15.

Tigers by the numbers:
Overall: 30-33
Current streak: L1
At Comerica Park: 16-13
On the road: 14-20
Day games: 15-12
Night games: 15-21
vs. AL East: 6-7
vs. AL Central: 16-11
vs. AL West: 7-13
vs. NL: 1-2

Notable:
Nicholas Castellanos enters Wednesday on an 11-game hitting streak. He is hitting .349 with four doubles, four home runs and eight RBIs during that stretch.

Miguel Cabrera?s 1,582 career RBIs is tied with Al Kaline for 36th in MLB history.

Michael Fulmer was scheduled to start for the Tigers, but he has been pushed back until Saturday because of right shoulder inflammation.

Zimmermann has pitched six innings in each of his past two starts, allowing three combined earned runs.
Zimmermann is 2-2 with a 3.66 ERA in six career starts against Arizona.

Walker has been on the disabled list since May 21 with a blister on his right hand. His last start was on May 19, when he allowed zero runs on two hits in six innings.
Walker has given up 11 runs ?10 earned ? in 10 1/3 career innings against the Tigers.
J.D. Martinez is 3 for 6, including a home run, vs Walker, while Alex Avila and Nicholas Castellanos both are 2 for 4, including a home run, against him.

The series marks a return for Lovullo to the city where he got his first taste of major league action. He was drafted by Detroit in the fifth round of the 1987 draft and made his major league debut with the Tigers the next September.
Lovullo played 12 games for Detroit in 1988 and 29 the following year, playing under the burden of manager Sparky Anderson proclaiming him a coming star. Detroit traded him to the New York Yankees in 1991 and he wound up playing parts of six more seasons in the majors.
"I always feel a special feeling coming back to this stadium," Lovullo said. "Even though it wasn't the stadium I played in, there's still a lot of the same people that worked here.
"It was a special time in my life; the first organization that had given me an opportunity to play in the big leagues.
"And an iconic manager like Sparky Anderson. I still feel his presence when I'm around this environment. It's always going to remain a special home for me. I'll never forget the time that I had here."

Bench Upton right fucking now after that weak ass effort after missing that fly ball. He just jogged after it allowing the runner to take 3rd. That's bullshit!!!

Hopefully our pitching doesn't let our offense down again.

If the first attempt at fielding is any indication it will be the defense,
that was f'n atrocious with Upton letting that ball play him and get by him for a triple or double/error,
sac fly brings him in,

now Nick lets a grounder get by him,

Last edited:
If the first attempt at fielding is any indication it will be the defense,
that was f'n atrocious with Upton letting that ball play him and get by him for a triple or double/error,
sac fly brings him in,

now Nick lets a grounder get by him,

I can handle the errors, but the effort that Upton showed after missing it really pisses me off. Fuck that guy

Another exciting game by this pathetic team ... I've never been this way but im rooting for them to lose so they blow it up .

Zimmerman has looked really good again tonight. 3 straight good starts for him. Maybe something to feel good about. lol

Zimmerman has looked really good again tonight. 3 straight good starts for him. Maybe something to feel good about. lol

yea maybe we can sucker some team into a top prospect for him and take that contract !!

Actually being serious , everyone needs pitching and if he keeps this up we might fetch a decent return .

In other news, congrats to Curtis Granderson on hitting his 300th career home run tonight.

Actually being serious , everyone needs pitching and if he keeps this up we might fetch a decent return .

I'm thinking if someone just took that contract it would be a win. Even if we didn't get anything back for him.

NOTABLE:
Zimmermann got seven of his 11 swings-and-misses on the slider Wednesday night, and his control was pinpoint.
Zimmermann struck out six, didn't walk a batter and retired 14 in a row from the second through seventh innings.

Tonight's start was Zimmermann's longest since June 19, 2016. That was also his last good start of 2016. At the time, he was 9-4 with a 3.24 ERA. He finished the season 1-5 with a 12.10 ERA.
Zimmermann has thrown three consecutive Quality Starts and has a 2.25 ERA in 20 innings over that span.
Zimmermann has allowed four runs in a span of 20 innings over his past three starts. The Tigers fell to 5-8 in Zimmermann?s 13 starts.
Zimmermann allowed a leadoff single to Chris Herrmann in the second and then set down 14 straight Diamondbacks hitters.
He was getting ahead of hitters. He had full command of his fastball, curveball and especially his slider, which had sharp and late downward action. Of his 108 pitches, 33 were sliders.
He struck out Goldschmidt twice with the slider, once looking and once swinging.

Tigers left fielder Justin Upton recorded his sixth outfield assist to end the first inning, the second-most in the American League this season.
The play helped make up for a miscue in the same inning.
Earlier in the inning, Upton gave Diamondbacks leadoff man Gregor Blanco two extra bases on top of his single when he misplayed and overran his a ball in left field.

Diamondbacks starter Taijuan Walker, on the disabled list since May 19 with a blister on his right hand, threw five strong innings. His start was cut short after just 82 pitches, presumably because he it was first since coming off the DL.
He was especially strong in his first time through the lineup, striking out the side in order in the second inning and going to two-strike counts on eight of ninth batters.

The Detroit Tigers lost for the sixth time in their past eight games.

J.D. Martinez hit a 93 m.p.h. fastball from Randall Delgado to the warning track in right in the sixth inning.

Alex Avila flied out to the warning track in left in the bottom of the eighth inning for the Tigers.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/d-backs...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491075
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Jordan Zimmermann: Pitched eight innings of two-run baseball against a high-scoring Diamondback offense, and had retired 14 consecutive batters at one point in the game.

HISSES:
Tigers defense: A series of costly misplays in the first inning proved to be the difference in the ballgame.

STREAKS AND INFO:
Though not verified, a 183 kg (403 lb) alligator snapping turtle was found in Kansas in 1937.

The Norway Pine tree can reach a maximum age of 500 years.

Zimmermann?s 8.0 innings pitched marked his longest start since June 19, 2016, a game the Tigers also lost 2-1.

Haven't watched a game in over a week now, been a pleasant and stress free sabbatical to say the least

Another team to contend with.. In the earlier part of the season, KC was was really playing bad. Now they're tied with us..

I'm thinking if someone just took that contract it would be a win. Even if we didn't get anything back for him.

With his track record over the past 12 months...no team is going to take that contract. If he pitches really good from now until the NEXT trade deadline...maybe

With his track record over the past 12 months...no team is going to take that contract. If he pitches really good from now until the NEXT trade deadline...maybe

my thoughts exactly...to unload him this year we would have to eat probably 25m+ of his contract, and that's if he continues to pitch well

No but they may take half his contract.. Guys with big money get traded now and again. Just need to be creative..

Back