Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

College student released from N Korea

deathroh

Otto Warmbier, originally reported as being in a coma, now US doctors are saying that he's been in a vegetative state for over a year, brought on by reduced blood flow to the brain. Pretty fuckin despicable. No signs of trauma to the body, I wonder if they'll ever be able to determine how it happened.

Then of course I think...nothing helps increase approval ratings and distract from other issues like a good old war. Wonder if this is something that trump will pounce on.

Then of course I think...nothing helps increase approval ratings and distract from other issues like a good old war. Wonder if this is something that trump will pounce on.

We got to get Dennis Rodman out of there first.

But god damn, as crazy as it would be to tell your 1990 self that Donald Trump would be president, I might have had a harder time believing Rodman would be a Chicago Bull, turned cross dresser, turned reality tv star, turned self appointed ambassador to North Korea who has meetings with their wacko leader. I loved that dude when he played for the Pistons. Nobody played with more tenacity.

Coming back in a vegetative state run by a dictator it's obvious what happened.. It's fucked up over there.. Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton - it doesn't matter who but at least we don't live in N. Korea.

the whole thing is odd:

1) why was he there in the first place again?
2) why would NK decide to give him brain damage, then send his body back? plenty of other westerners visit there without that happening.

the whole thing is odd:

1) why was he there in the first place again?
2) why would NK decide to give him brain damage, then send his body back? plenty of other westerners visit there without that happening.

I think I heard that he was a Christian evangelical missionary or something. I think he removed or tried to destroy some North Korean propaganda.

If I heard right this is hardly the first time a Christian evangelical has been imprisoned and punished where such things are against the law.

EDIT:

Link.

Last edited:
But god damn, as crazy as it would be to tell your 1990 self that Donald Trump would be president, I might have had a harder time believing Rodman would be a Chicago Bull, turned cross dresser, turned reality tv star, turned self appointed ambassador to North Korea who has meetings with their wacko leader. I loved that dude when he played for the Pistons. Nobody played with more tenacity.

Detroit Pistons Rodman & post 1993 Rodman were like two completely different people.

By the late 90's when he was in the news for banging skanks like Carmen Electra, I sometimes would forget he played with the Bad Boys... that's how different he was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit Pistons Rodman & post 1993 Rodman were like two completely different people.

By the late 90's when he was in the news for banging skanks like Carmen Electra, I sometimes would forget he played with the Bad Boys... that's how different he was.

I see John Salley almost every week.

Last edited:
The Spider?

How? Why?

he was my favorite Piston when I was a wee lad.

Apparently he is some sort of vegan gourmet cook. Most Sundays I see him here where I promote a wildlife rescue and education foundation, and he buys fresh produce from local farmers.

But he's lived in the same neighborhood as I do for years and before I started seeing him on Sundays at the farmers market I would still see him around.

So anyway he's come to recognize me now and usually says hi and shakes my hand. He seems like a nice guy.

No doubt, you could see some of the instability in his early years, but nothing to prepare you for what was to come.

Cool, Salley was another favorite. He and Rodman were a heck of a defensive tandem to throw at other teams.

So what changed? Rodman seemed normal playing for Detroit. I remember hearing he was carrying a gun at the Palace.. Soon he wasn't on Detroit anymore and then he went bat crazy. I'm glad we got his somewhat sane years..

So what changed? Rodman seemed normal playing for Detroit. I remember hearing he was carrying a gun at the Palace.. Soon he wasn't on Detroit anymore and then he went bat crazy. I'm glad we got his somewhat sane years..

I read his wiki entry yesterday. sounds like a bunch of things hit him at once. Chuck Daly resigning and retiring was one. it said he was like a father figure to Rodman. also said in '93 or so his marriage broke up. they had only been married a year but had been together since the 80s and had a daughter together. he took it hard apparently and was going to kill himself (with the rifle he was found with) but decided to live his life however he wanted after that.

it's good he didn't kill himself, but sounds like a break with reality kinda. also seems like he really could've used a stable role model in his life.

it also said he had some insane number of brothers and sisters & half siblings... like more than twenty-five (25)!!!

I read his wiki entry yesterday. sounds like a bunch of things hit him at once. Chuck Daly resigning and retiring was one. it said he was like a father figure to Rodman. also said in '93 or so his marriage broke up. they had only been married a year but had been together since the 80s and had a daughter together. he took it hard apparently and was going to kill himself (with the rifle he was found with) but decided to live his life however he wanted after that.

it's good he didn't kill himself, but sounds like a break with reality kinda. also seems like he really could've used a stable role model in his life.

it also said he had some insane number of brothers and sisters & half siblings... like more than twenty-five (25)!!!

That's a lot of stuff. He might be younger but I think he has a role model now, Kim Jong-il.

Back