Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford's next!!!

We have no choice bu to pay him. He's become a top 10 QB in the league and we have no shot at getting anyone better anytime soon.

I've always been a Stafford advocate, he should have his first really good O line to play behind of his career. I think he lights it up this year.

Even if we look at the thing we can see the easiest, stats, he's not a top ten QB. Not sure why so many keep saying that. I agree he'll get paid and he's our QB for many years more..

Even if we look at the thing we can see the easiest, stats, he's not a top ten QB. Not sure why so many keep saying that. I agree he'll get paid and he's our QB for many years more..

Lions are top 10 in yards per drive, top 10 in 3rd down efficiency. They just happened to have long fields and about 20-40 less drives than most teams.

His stats were made to look worse from the injury, run game, protection, drops, lack of drives (defensive issue) and lack of short fields

2011, 2015 he was top 10 in QB rating. 2013 he was 6th in TDs.

Calling him top 20 or top 15 is a slap in the face. He's a top 10 QB and really if you look at everything, you'd see he's a top 5 QB

Lions are top 10 in yards per drive, top 10 in 3rd down efficiency. They just happened to have long fields and about 20-40 less drives than most teams.

His stats were made to look worse from the injury, run game, protection, drops, lack of drives (defensive issue) and lack of short fields

2011, 2015 he was top 10 in QB rating. 2013 he was 6th in TDs.

Calling him top 20 or top 15 is a slap in the face. He's a top 10 QB and really if you look at everything, you'd see he's a top 5 QB

most of us are looking at everything...you are not. You cherry pick the stats that make him look better. Anyone that thinks he is a top 5 QB is a moron. Anyone that thinks he is outside the top 20 is also a moron. Most reasonable people feel that, overall, he is somewhere between 10-15.

most of us are looking at everything...you are not. You cherry pick the stats that make him look better. Anyone that thinks he is a top 5 QB is a moron. Anyone that thinks he is outside the top 20 is also a moron. Most reasonable people feel that, overall, he is somewhere between 10-15.

I say 13-17.. If you ask me who'd I want as our QB he might rank higher (10) but that's another discussion.

I want him to take more chances.. You seriously have a hard time understanding. But good job adding to the discussion. Your input is clearly amazing.

My input is amazing? Dude, you're an idiot who has no fkn idea what you're talking about. Stafford has been a gunslinger for like 6-7 yrs. Now that he's a better QB, you want him to "take more chances"? Stfu and sit down...you're embarrassing yourself lol.

His peers consider him a TOP 10 QB....lol.

Id agree top 9-15. But consistently produces at top 20. Hes just not a consistent high level producer. Hes either: not throwing touchdowns for long periods of time, or throwing for 4 YPA for an entire game, or inconsistent with his accuracy, awful pocket presense...etc etc etc. You cant look at Matt Stafford and say hes consistently good at 1 thing. The only thing that comes to mind is getting the ball out quick on shorter throws. IMO thats not necessarily a good thing. Its fine in consistently moving the ball. Its also the reason we dont average more points per game, its often a drive killer. Big plays is an important game changing stat....We typically lose that battle.

His peers consider him a TOP 10 QB....lol.

Because he got ranked 31, lol. Players have many reasons why they vote for someone in this stupid top 100 list.. Then why did the players not rank him top 100 the year before when Matt's years were similar.. 2016, players don't know shit, 2017, players know shit. Lol.

My input is amazing? Dude, you're an idiot who has no fkn idea what you're talking about. Stafford has been a gunslinger for like 6-7 yrs. Now that he's a better QB, you want him to "take more chances"? Stfu and sit down...you're embarrassing yourself lol.

Weather it is or not at least I try and make a point, you know discuss. You add nothing.

No you don't look at everything. You don't know the run game support comparison, the drop comparison, the protection comparison, the short field comparison. I do

Stafford does way more with less (mainly due to injuries to either him or the support)

Top 10 QB in 2015. Top 6 in 2016 until the injury. And given his support, his play is top 5.

Because he got ranked 31, lol. Players have many reasons why they vote for someone in this stupid top 100 list.. Then why did the players not rank him top 100 the year before when Matt's years were similar.. 2016, players don't know shit, 2017, players know shit. Lol.

That's right, retard. He's a top 10 QB according to this stupid list lol. I love the fact that it drives you nuts lol. He's respected in this league by people who matter. THE PLAYERS!!!! And last yr he wasn't considered a top 10 QB. So? This yr he is. Hurts eh???

Weather it is or not at least I try and make a point, you know discuss. You add nothing.

Lmao. Ok, Mitch! You're discussions involve "I don't get" and question marks across the board. You don't understand the game at all. You want to convert our QB to the gunslinger he once was lol. Now that he's a more efficient and accurate passer, you want to change him lol. That's brilliant, dude! Absolutely beautiful idea. You schmucks rip on the guy because he doesn't play his game like a Madden video game with Hail Mary's and fly routes. Meanwhile, you're the same bunch of idiots who complained about Calvin going up to snag a 40 yd strike because Stafford let him out to dry. Make up your fkn minds ffs....

Last edited:
Lmao. Ok, Mitch! You're discussions involve "I don't get" and question marks across the board. You don't understand the game at all. You want to convert our QB to the gunslinger he once was lol. Now that he's a more efficient and accurate passer, you want to change him lol. That's brilliant, dude! Absolutely beautiful idea. You schmucks rip on the guy because he doesn't play his game like a Madden video game with Hail Mary's and fly routes. Meanwhile, you're the same bunch of idiots who complained about Calvin going up to snag a 40 yd strike because Stafford let him out to dry. Make up your fkn minds ffs....

I agree that Stafford is much better when asked to be more efficient and careful with the ball.

I honestly feel the exact same conversation between about 5-8 posters has been taking place for about three years now, including myself. That's why I do not post nearly as much, because it's just the same ol' song and dance.

I honestly feel the exact same conversation between about 5-8 posters has been taking place for about three years now, including myself. That's why I do not post nearly as much, because it's just the same ol' song and dance.

There is nothing going on in Detroit sports right now so the same old conversations start.

No you don't look at everything. You don't know the run game support comparison, the drop comparison, the protection comparison, the short field comparison. I do

Stafford does way more with less (mainly due to injuries to either him or the support)

Top 10 QB in 2015. Top 6 in 2016 until the injury. And given his support, his play is top 5.

Yes we know....Stafford needs a top 10 run game, top 10 defense, more weapons, better oline....in order to be a top 10 qb. Weve been tellling you this for years. Thank you for finally comming around to see our side of things.

He hasnt thrown calvin a 40 yard strike in like a half of decade. Calvin ran exclusively a 7 yard slant for the last 2 years of his career.

Hes a good qb....he deserves the money hes about to get because of the market and hes a consistent starting qb in this league and quite frankly someone else would pay him that money if we didnt. But people are fucking clueless if they want to compare him to Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited:
Yes we know....Stafford needs a top 10 run game, top 10 defense, more weapons, better oline....in order to be a top 10 qb. Weve been tellling you this for years. Thank you for finally comming around to see our side of things.

He needs top 20 those things at least three of them. Doesn't have to be top 10. Top 20 like good QBs get. Every QB needs these things, but Stafford is the only one consistently not getting it due to various reasons.

Brady gets top 10 protection and defense almost every year. Solid weapons and lots of short fields. Plenty of run support. Rodgers good weapons, good protection and defense typically causes a good number of turnovers and short fields. The elites gets top 10 support in most things.

Weapons have been there since 2014 but drops have been issues even with good weapons. Defense is good, but then we have Lombardi and poor run game and bad protection in 2014, first half 2015.

Decent run game and protection in 2012 and 2013 but the weapons and defense are shit like 2012 and 2013 (though 2013 showed promise but gave up big plays and lack of turnovers). Plus many non QB turnovers in 2012 and 2013.

2016, run game and Oline issues, drops and defensive issues with lack of turnovers (again due to injuries). 2016 was a worst case scenario for injuries causing lack of support for Stafford.

Run game injuries. Oline injuries at the worst times (playoff time). Stafford 100 QB rating then injury. We need to catch a break and have enough things synch up. The talent is there and 2017 will have the most talent Stafford has ever seen on offense.

And force more turnovers. Those short fields are what make elite QBs as you can see with Brady and Rodgers having life easy. Lions two years of double digit wins. 34 and 27 turnovers forced those years.

2011. Good weapons (healthy), 4.3 YPC run game (though low carries after Best injury), 34 turnovers forced with 25+ short fields, good protection. Guess what happened. 41 TDs for Stafford. All elite QB need good support so they can be elite.

Last edited:
Back