Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 72 Tigers vs. Mariners June 22, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
7. Alex Presley, CF
8. John Hicks, DH
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Daniel Norris LHP
Bench: C James McCann, OF/IF Andrew Romine, OF Mikie Mahtook, IF Dixon Machado.

Mariners lineup:
segura ss
haniger rf
cano 2b
fuck you cruz dh
seager 3b
valencia 1b
gamel lf
heredia cf
zunino c
Christy Mathewson Moore rookie pitcher.

I think this game is the last late night past 10:00 PM game the Tigers play the rest of the year except for playing the Rockies in Colorado start times close to 9:00 PM.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/06/tigers_mariners_can_detroit_sn.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Mariners: Can Detroit snap 5-game slide vs rookie SP?
Mlive

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/articl...quare-off-with-rookie-moore/?topicId=26688836
Norris looking for third straight win.
Tigers official site

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370622112
Mariners' top pitching prospect faces Tigers.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2017/SEA201706220.shtml
Seattle Mariners vs. Detroit Tigers, at Safeco Field, June 22, 2017.
Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Notable:
The Tigers are seven games under .500 for the first time since 2015, when they finished 74-87. They have lost eight of their past nine against the Mariners.
Detroit’s bullpen has the second-worst ERA in the majors at 5.07.

The Tigers will try to avoid a four-game sweep tonight, after last night's late-inning debacle left them with a 7-5 defeat. Detroit turns to Daniel Norris to stop a five-game losing streak.
Norris has won each of his past two starts, allowing five runs on 15 hits in 11 innings. He has struck out 14.
Norris has struggled against the Mariners with a 0-1 record and 5.19 ERA in four starts. He has allowed 23 hits, including four home runs, in 17 1/3 innings.

Andrew Moore, Seattle's top pitching prospect, makes his MLB debut tonight. The 23-year-old began the year at Double-A, before earning a promotion to Triple-A Tacoma, where he was 3-1 with a 3.19 ERA and 44 strikeouts in eight starts.

Tigers by the numbers
Overall: 32-39
Current streak: L5
At Comerica Park: 18-16
On the road: 14-23
Day games: 15-14
Night games: 17-25
vs. AL East: 8-9
vs. AL Central: 16-11
vs. AL West: 7-16
vs. NL: 1-3

End of season projection:
After Tuesday's loss, the Tigers' final record is now projected to be 77-85 by FiveThirtyEight. The site gives Detroit an 11 percent chance of making the playoffs and a six percent chance of winning the division.

Last edited:
I think Friday and Sat in SD are also 10:10 start times.

I should have been more specific in stating after this road trip....

And again, it would be great if, that is if they keep playing like they have,
that they tell Ausmus to just stay in San Diego, I think is where his family lives.

I should have been more specific in stating after this road trip....

And again, it would be great if, that is if they keep playing like they have,
that they tell Ausmus to just stay in San Diego, I think is where his family lives.

Agree leave brad behind in SD, I'm on board with that

Another pitcher making his major league debut tonight against the tigers. Look for little to no offense

Last edited:
Easy as pie 1-2-3 first for rookie Andrew Moore, amazing how easy the tigers offense makes it on young should be nervous pitchers, guy was throwing inside and all, nobody fears the tigers not even rookies in debuts..even brushed miggy back inside then retired him like a chump

Last edited:
Andrew Scarface Moore rookie pitcher will probably pitch like Christy Mathewson vs. Tigers.

White soxs won tonight tigers can take over the basement! Pulling for ya chumps

Last edited:
I've noticed that most of the time a tiger hitter takes a first pitch for a strike they will then automatically swing at the second pitch irregardless of where and what it is, with the exception of Avila

Game over tigers now in last place. Goodnight

Tigers should have moved Norris back a day for SD since he's a good hitter just another fine example of thier stupidity in not properly thinking like a winner

Last edited:
What does it take for a manager to get fired ?? You telling me Avilia is sitting up there content with what he is watching day in and day out ??

It's ok, we understand..I'd like to see him get through the night without talking about the grasshoppers again

I have Comcast and bought the MLB package so i hardly get the Tigers announcers , having had them the last few games by chance i can see what you guys were talking about !! Plus i grew up with the 84 tigers so its hard to see/hear !!

Last edited:
I have Comcast and bought the MLB package so i hardly get the Tigers announcers , having had them the last few games by chance i can see what you guys were talking about !! Plus i grew up with the 84 tigers so its hard to see/hear !!

So did I..He was my fav tiger growing up along with Lou, tram, Parrish and Morris

This game is over..I think the main problem with the 2017 Tigers is that they aren't very good, players, coaches, GM, they are all bad, they all need to go. Bring Martha over to clean house. Would like to see a manger with some fire in his belly again, let Lloyd finish out the season we can count on him to throw some bases around at least

Last edited:

I have the same package from comcast.
In Tigers home games you should get the Tigers announcers.
and infrequently on away games the stations will have both home and away on different stations to pick from.

I have the same package from comcast.
In Tigers home games you should get the Tigers announcers.
and infrequently on away games the stations will have both home and away on different stations to pick from.

Yea every now and then they give you an option to choose from the two stations , for some reason with Tigers games its few and far between

Back