Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 73 Tigers vs. Padres June 23, 2017

Just freaking terrible... when we pitch we don't hit. When we hit we don't pitch. In close games we can't hold the lead, or execute a bunt, can't get the runner over. Commit to many errors . The team is so poorly constructed it's not funny .

What a freaking waste of another good pitching performance.

Last edited:
Save the analysis Craig he was a shithook the tigers are a lost cause let me know when someone gives a shit

unbalance team. how many better players could be had with 56 million dollars plus the contract of the AAaa players replaced! I thin you could replace at least 6 for the 56 m's 4 for those replaced with the replacement money. Ten new faces would more than rebuild this team!

Trust me it really goes back to Mr I wanting to short cut to get a world series!

You f'n shitbums. Bunch of shithooks. I go to bed half expecting them to at least score some runs and 1 or 2 more than the padres in the later innings, and I open the boxscore to 1 - 0??!!!!?? Fulmer pitches a 2 hitter and loses!

What happened in the 8th that Ausmus gets ejected or was he just trying to fire them up. If so, it's a little late. In reality Ausmus should be next.

The Tigers were shut out 1-0 by the San Diego Padres on Friday night at Petco Park. It was their seventh loss in a row, matching the longest losing streak last season (May 3-9). The Tigers, who've now loss 12 of their last 15 games.
The Tigers were shut out for the sixth time this season Friday; losing to the third-worst team in baseball ? the rebuilding San Diego Padres.

Three of those shutouts came in Fulmer?s starts.

The Tigers' best chance to score came in the eighth inning, fouled off five consecutive pitches in an 11-pitch at-bat before doubling to left to lead off the eighth with the Tigers' first extra-base hit of the game.

Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler was rung up on a checked swing by first base umpire Jordan Baker. Kinsler and manager Brad Ausmus engaged in some long-distance arguing with Baker, who eventually tossed Ausmus from the game.
The Tigers weren't thrilled with the umpiring on Friday, which led to manager Brad Ausmus getting ejected in the ninth when arguing a check-swing call by first-base umpire by Jordan Baker.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDDzqu5XcAcrD7K.jpg
Fuck you Jordan Baker, you suck. Kinsler clearly held his swing.

Now we get fucked by the first base coach in Saturday nights game with fuck face jordan baker calling the balls and strikes.

Fulmer was ticked with plate ump Bill Welke on his walk of Spangenberg, when a two-seamer didn't get the same result two previous ones did.
"I would get it for strike one, strike two, but he wouldn't give me strike three,'' Fulmer said. "I tried asking him if the ball is in and he gives me one of these [holding his fingers close together].
"I said, 'You got great eyes then.' It's part of the game. You can't make excuses about the umpire calling strikes. You just try to repeat pitches that are being called for strikes and he just wasn't very consistent tonight.''

NOTABLE:
It's not often that a pitcher can walk five batters in six innings and not allow a run. But that's what Perdomo did Friday night. He allowed only two hits, lead-off singles in the fifth and sixth. Both rallies, such as they were, were snuffed out quickly by Perdomo.

Tigers third baseman Nicholas Castellanos was scratched from the lineup just minutes before game time with lower back tightness.
Castellanos entered the game as a pinch hitter and struck out in the eighth inning.
Dixon Machado took his spot at third base and hit sixth in the lineup.
Machado went 0-for-3, striking out twice and grounding out to the pitcher.

New Tigers outfielder Matt den Dekker arrived shortly before the game and was in the dugout, wearing No. 21, for the first pitch. den Dekker's contract was purchased from Triple-A Toledo when Alex Presley went on the disabled list.

San Diego is known for sunshine, Seattle for its dreariness. So how did the Tigers leave picture-perfect weather in the Pacific Northwest for an overcast day in southern California?

It's called the June Gloom, and its makes normally cheery San Diego feel a little, well, gloomier. On a six-game losing streak, gloom probably wasn't what the Tigers needed. But maybe it will make San Diego feel more like home.

Michael Fulmer takes the loss after allowing just a run on 2 hits, 4 walks, 8 Strikeouts.
Fulmer put on a power pitching clinic Friday night. His two-seam fastball was ringing the radar gun between 96-99 mph.
He got 15 swing-and-misses, 12 of them with his two-seamer.
Fulmer is now 3-4 in road games despite posting a 2.16 ERA away from Comerica Park.
Last season's AL Rookie of the Year notched his 12th quality start, second only to the Red Sox's Chris Sale (13).

Perdomo allowed three walks over the first two innings and five over the first four. But the Tigers couldn?t capitalize with all those free bases. A couple of double plays ended the threats.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...202#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=491202
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Michael Fulmer: He looked a little wild in the first couple innings, but settled in for a very efficient outing. He ultimately walked four batters, but one was intentional.

Andrew Romine: His single in the fifth inning prevented the Tigers from getting no-hit by the Padres.

John Hicks: Hicks came through with a big pinch-hit double in the seventh. He is now hitting .317/.338/.556 in 65 plate appearances this season.

HISSES:
The rest of the offense: They went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position, grounded into two double plays, and left six runners on base.

May was supposed to be the difficult month, and June was supposed to be the time to put together some wins with all the home games. Team has just completely fallen apart. I would echo what others are saying that there is a clear lack of leadership at the top whether it's in the front office, the manager, or the veteran players in the clubhouse. Clearly messages are not getting through to guys.

Back