Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RB situation in one of my money leagues..

tonyballs

Can't decide who to start at RB this week. I already have TRich going, but my second options are a choice between - BJGE, Battle, Ridley and Tate. Non PPR, standard scoring, points every 10 yards (ground and air) with fractional points as well.

I'm feeling Battle because the Saints can't stop a 5 year old.

BJGE should run all over the Dolphins, right?

Ridley has been solid, but the Patriots backfield is a log jam.

And Tate, only because i think the Texans are going to trounce the Jets and i can see Tate getting a lot of touches.

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

Feedback a must...thanks. :)

Last edited:
Can't decide who to start at RB this week. I already have TRich going, but my second options are a choice between - BJGE, Battle, Ridley and Tate. Non PPR, standard scoring, points every 10 yards (ground and air) with fractional points as well.

I'm feeling Battle because the Saints can't stop a 5 year old.

BJGE should run all over the Dolphins, right?

Ridley has been solid, but the Patriots backfield is a log jam.

And Tate, only because i think the Texans are going to trounce the Jets and i can see Tate getting a lot of touches.

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

Feedback a must...thanks. :)

Tough choice - just have a couple things to offer. Battle will probably continue to get the touches at the goaline. He is the most intriguing with his upside.

Dolphin defense isn't as bad as all that. They do great in the first half's of games - and really should be 3-1 right now. BJGE is probably the best back on the list, but may not do as good as the pundits are thinking.

The only real question is - is Ridley's upside worth it? I can't tell you how many times I have been burned by NE's RB's. That alone would put him second or third, but if you need extra points to win, it is risk vs reward.

Your assessment of Tate's probable touches is on the mark, but his injury makes him the biggest risk.

I would choose in this order

1) Battle
2) BJGE
3) Ridley
4) Tate

Last edited:
Tough choice - just have a couple things to offer. Battle will probably continue to get the touches at the goaline. He is the most intriguing with his upside.

Dolphin defense isn't as bad as all that. They do great in the first half's of games - and really should be 3-1 right now. BJGE is probably the best back on the list, but may not do as good as the pundits are thinking.

The only real question is - is Ridley's upside worth it? I can't tell you how many times I have been burned by NE's RB's. That alone would put him second or third, but if you need extra points to win, it is risk vs reward.

Your assessment of Tate's probable touches is on the mark, but his injury makes him the biggest risk.

I would choose in this order

1) Battle
2) BJGE
3) Ridley
4) Tate

Thanks, man, i appreciate the feedback.

I'm probably going with Battle. He's getting the start again and the Saints are piss on defense.

Matthews is supposed to have an increased workload for San Diego from now one. BGJE will get his touches, thats a give-in. Ridley has been nice and I wouldnt start Tate.

Ridleys probably the best bet for touches this week. Hold on to Battle though....the sooner Mathews get more touches the sooner hes back injured again. I would hate to have Tate though lol....it seems like everytime he runs the ball hes getting in the end zone lol. Pray for a Foster injury!...or just place a bounty on him.

Last edited:
Ridleys probably the best bet for touches this week. Hold on to Battle though....the sooner Mathews get more touches the sooner hes back injured again. I would hate to have Tate though lol....it seems like everytime he runs the ball hes getting in the end zone lol. Pray for a Foster injury!...or just place a bounty on him.

I hear ya about Tate. The guy has RB1 written all over him, but he plays behind the best back in the biz. I have Foster in another league and my one buddy is constantly trying to trade Tate to me...lol. I want to do it, but he asks too much. Even though he's a stud, he's still a RB3 because Foster is too damn good on the field. I can't even consider him a RB2 right now.

Now i'm torn between Battle and Ridley. Norv Turner won't officially name the starter for the Saints/Chargers game. I'm thinking Ridley for sure now...he's a horse.

EDIT: Put in Ridley. Heres to hoping i don't change it when i wake up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good choice Tony - man Ridley went off. Maybe a NE running back will finally be a safe bet week-to-week.

Good choice Tony - man Ridley went off. Maybe a NE running back will finally be a safe bet week-to-week.

Ridley is a fn horse, bro...wow. Runs hard EVERY down. He's a mainstay on my starting roster every week from now on.

Still going to lose though. He has Foster and Daniels tonight and i'm up by like 7 points.

Last edited:
Back