Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I Tell You What, These Tigers and Lions Board Posters are Like Dogs with a Bone...

tinselwolverine

Every time I click on the New Posts icon at the top of the page, it's the same two threads from the Lions and Tigers boards with arguments going on over and over and over...

Some of these people would argue with a stop sign...

It's not like over on the politics or religions boards; where everything everybody posts is succinct and fresh...

the one on teh Lions board is the best titled one: "Tired of talking about 2013 and before....." and then it goes on for 400+ posts.

kinda reminds me of this headline I saw on Freep.com today.

For as much crap as the city of Detroit gets, I think suburbanites - particularly the rural tsmith suburbs - are more of an embarrassment. people who actually live in Detroit have real problems... they don't have time to listen to shitty music or moronically argue over every decision some team's GM made.

the one on teh Lions board is the best titled one: "Tired of talking about 2013 and before....." and then it goes on for 400+ posts.

kinda reminds me of this headline I saw on Freep.com today.

For as much crap as the city of Detroit gets, I think suburbanites - particularly the rural tsmith suburbs - are more of an embarrassment. people who actually live in Detroit have real problems... they don't have time to listen to shitty music or moronically argue over every decision some team's GM made.

I find the lions board way more entertaining then just reading the tigers fans argue about which away stat from 4 years is ago is more pertinent.

Not exactly sure what the purpose of having message boards if we aren't allowed to argue/have discussions. The Lions board is the most active right now and it keeps me entertained during work.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what the purpose of having message boards if we aren't allowed to argue/have discussions. The Lions board is the most active right now and it keeps me entertained during work.

he's not arguing about having message boards in the first place, just about the absurd circular arguments that seem to go on there ad infinitum

though I'm sure you'll disagree with me and start an argument about what he meant that will go on for 6,000+ posts...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I'm not on these boards to write my dissertation about political parties, or have a religious war. Having elegant discussions about globalization and Detroit's revitalization process is for other avenues.

Last edited:

The OP of this thread is a little bit tongue in cheek.

I gotcha. I was lucky enough to find some content on the Lions board to keep me going throughout my workday. Not much going on here unfortunately. Dog days of summer for sure.

The OP of this thread is a little bit tongue in cheek.

I disagree. I think the you were trying to argue that we > them in all seriousness. You can backpedal now all you want, but it was clearly a serious comment about how argumentative they get over basically nothing.

I disagree. I think the you were trying to argue that we > them in all seriousness. You can backpedal now all you want, but it was clearly a serious comment about how argumentative they get over basically nothing.

Well, a lot of them are also us, and most of the ones who aren't we cross pollenate with in Diggler's Junk and the media boards.

Well, a lot of them are also us, and most of the ones who aren't we cross pollenate with in Diggler's Junk and the media boards.

Bah! Semantics! Strawmen! Ad hominem attack! Just admit that we're not argumentative over here! Burden of proof is on you!

Bah! Semantics! Strawmen! Ad hominem attack! Just admit that we're not argumentative over here! Burden of proof is on you!

ar?gu?men?ta?tive
/ˌ?rgyəˈmentətiv/

adjective
adjective: argumentative
1. given to expressing divergent or opposite views.

We don't express our views, we type them. So we're clearly not argumentative. Idiot.

ar?gu?men?ta?tive
/ˌ?rgyəˈmentətiv/

adjective

We don't express our views, we type them. So we're clearly not argumentative. Idiot.

oh boy... more semantics.

now this thread is good for another 100 posts.

ar?gu?men?ta?tive
/ˌ?rgyəˈmentətiv/

adjective

express:
verb
convey (a thought or feeling) in words or by gestures and conduct.

Typing counts unless you don't think these are words we're typing, numbskull.

oh boy... more semantics.

now this thread is good for another 100 posts.

It's not semantics when the differences in posters' understanding of various definitions genuinely impact the nature of the argument. You're always so quick to lump things into categories.

Back