Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bridges officially returning to MSU

johnny2x2x

Said he knew mid season he wanted to come back.

Vegas now has us as co favorites to win the Title at 10-1 with Kentucky.

Awesome!! Only thing that I see that could stop us from having a monster year is Izzo playing Tum and Goins too much.

Awesome!! Only thing that I see that could stop us from having a monster year is Izzo playing Tum and Goins too much.

I can see Goins filling the same role he did on the 2015-2016 team, where he was about the 13th man yet still produce in a limited capacity when called upon (like 15 rebounds in the game vs Louisville) Tum will still need to play some as the backcourt depth won't be great next year, unless he sign Smith or McQuaid gets a role again as a secondary ball handlers. Maybe he can make a step up similar to Travis Walton in his senior year as far as filling a leadership/defensive role.

As for the decision itself, great for MSU obviously. I give him a lot of credit for ignoring what most others were probably telling him and making the decision that he wanted to make. I just hope he doesn't end up regretting it and it having an adverse effect on his draft position next year. With the way the NBA folks like to nitpick all your flaws the longer you stay in school, it could happen.

I can see Goins filling the same role he did on the 2015-2016 team, where he was about the 13th man yet still produce in a limited capacity when called upon (like 15 rebounds in the game vs Louisville) Tum will still need to play some as the backcourt depth won't be great next year, unless he sign Smith or McQuaid gets a role again as a secondary ball handlers. Maybe he can make a step up similar to Travis Walton in his senior year as far as filling a leadership/defensive role.

As for the decision itself, great for MSU obviously. I give him a lot of credit for ignoring what most others were probably telling him and making the decision that he wanted to make. I just hope he doesn't end up regretting it and it having an adverse effect on his draft position next year. With the way the NBA folks like to nitpick all your flaws the longer you stay in school, it could happen.

I'll give it to Goins. We needed minutes this year from him. BUT there is no other coach on this planet that would have given more minutes to Goins vs Ward. Foul trouble was a problem in a few games, but go look at the box scores. It still happened in games that Ward didn't have fouls.

If we get McCoy, that would give us Ward, McCoy, Jackson, Schilling and Tillman to fight over 80 minutes at the 4 and 5. If Goins touches the floor next year Izzo should be tied to the Sparty statue and stoned.

Last edited:
Um, Bowen has reportedly contacted MSU coaches to ask if we'd still take him. Would be awesome.

Back