Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offensive stats rankings

Michlady

Michigan offense nat'l rankings: T-97th total (361.0), pass 97th, scoring T-89th, rush 55th; TFL allowed 114th (of 129); sacks allowed 118th

no surprise here, but Michigan no longer No. 1 defense. drops to No. 5 (264.1); 11th run D (105.6), 5th pass allowed (158.6),

Michigan offense nat'l rankings: T-97th total (361.0), pass 97th, scoring T-89th, rush 55th; TFL allowed 114th (of 129); sacks allowed 118th

Granted with injuries & youth we could be expected to take a step back, but we really should not be this bad. I think - all things being the same - we'd expect to see some natural improvement next year, as frosh and sophomores get more experience, but given that things haven't improved as the season has gone on, and our playcalling and gameplans have been awful, it's tough to see the long term upside of sticking with some of the offensive coaching staff.

no surprise here, but Michigan no longer No. 1 defense. drops to No. 5 (264.1); 11th run D (105.6), 5th pass allowed (158.6),

I blame the offense for this. gave PennSt way too many possessions.

Was just thinking "these are Brady Hoke numbers." I remember the shocking TFL number under Hoke. you don't get that low by having a bad game or two. that's getting beat off the line of scrimmage OFTEN by everyone you play. with the talent we bring in, we should not be giving up any negative plays to Purdue, Air Force, Cincinnati...

year 3 was when things got rough for Hoke as well. for more comparisons, at this same stage in Hoke's 3rd year, we were 6-1, though I remember thinking we were A LOT shakier on both sides of the ball. and the wheels completely fell off the next week against State... we finished the season 1-5 counting the bowl loss.

I really don't know what to think about the current situation. the offense is a complete disaster, and that's obviously not due to any one factor. it wasn't great before Speight and Black got injured either.

we're only 5-2, and one big play away from being 6-1, but if this situation continues, where every week something else goes wrong (drops, too many penalties, to many negative yards plays, etc.) then it's clear Harbaugh needs to take an agonizing reappraisal of how he's managing this team. it's not working. Carr's teams - whatever their faults or circumstances, young teams, injuries, etc. - were not getting blown out by Penn State, and looking completely hopeless on one side of the ball all season long.

if we lose to OSU & UW, well, that's 8-4 and in line with a lot of predictions... but we're paying this staff way to much money just to meet expectations. maybe that's part of the problem? overpaid. overfed... lazy.

I thought the offense would be lights out this year, honestly. We had such a great recruiting haul with the receivers, added to the fast guys that played last year. Another year of experience for Speight(because we all thought he'd learn something) and a faster defense. I thought our weak early schedule would let this team get better and work out the kinks on the online. The regression is most surprising. It's not what usually happens with young talented teams.

Shockingly bad. The "Harbaugh is not a good coach" morons are morons, but even with this team, it's crazy to drop below 60th.

Back