Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries only matter if it's another team, right?

Would you call Alex Smith a superstar? Just because someone is good for 5-6 games doesn't make them a superstar..

Lol ya the guy they put on the trading block this off-season cause they love their rookie. Their own team doesn't even view him as a super star lol.

Lol ya the guy they put on the trading block this off-season cause they love their rookie. Their own team doesn't even view him as a super star lol.

Personally I think Alex Smith is a solid choice as a QB. Nothing fancy, before this season, but gets the job done. That's why I compared him and Matt, both short passes and play it safe. Alex has just been more consistent.. And he's cheaper.

And to your point, they were trying to trade him and yet Matt is suppose to be some franchise elite bona fide superstar. I just don't see it. And the thing that gets me everyone mentions his arm but he never uses it.. I think we got bamboozled.

He's clearly not a superstar. You don't even know his name lol. Point made!

Every rb you put in that line up excels. Ware would have had the same numbers. The guy they shipped to Denver had better numbers. It's not hunt. His skill had him way behind fournette cook mcaffrey etc.

Every running back like who? Jamaal Charles? Last year west and Ware were mediocre as can be. Hunt already has more 20+yard runs than both of them all of last season. I mean I guess ware did really good for like 70 carries one year. (That?s not really a big enough of a sample size to make such a claim.

Every running back like who? Jamaal Charles? Last year west and Ware were mediocre as can be. Hunt already has more 20+yard runs than both of them all of last season. I mean I guess ware did really good for like 70 carries one year. (That?s not really a big enough of a sample size to make such a claim.

But 124 carries is enough?

I mean he?s been the focal point in 7 games and has been a stud in every single one.

I get that but it's 7 games. But to my Alex Smith comparison, a few games doesn't make a superstar. Great season but no superstar. Maybe he becomes a superstar.. still too early.

I get that but it's 7 games. But to my Alex Smith comparison, a few games doesn't make a superstar. Great season but no superstar. Maybe he becomes a superstar.. still too early.

Alex Smith has been in the league a long time though and has shown us he isn’t. Not really a similar comparison. He has the leading rusher, the second leading receiver and leading tight end in the league in yardage atm,

Last edited:
I watched the kc game last week and they were talking about if you redraft now you take him top 5. I hate that thinking. Nothing in the last 6 months should change how everyone rated him coming out. Its scheme and opportunity. If he's on the lions running pistol draws he's averaging 3 ypc and if they redraft he'd go undrafted.

I watched the kc game last week and they were talking about if you redraft now you take him top 5. I hate that thinking. Nothing in the last 6 months should change how everyone rated him coming out. Its scheme and opportunity. If he's on the lions running pistol draws he's averaging 3 ypc and if they redraft he'd go undrafted.

Can you prove that it is scheme other than your guess? Because with or without Andy Reid his running backs have been just about the same production. Jamaal Charles was already putting up those numbers before Reid came, and Mccoy has put up similar stats that he did in philly while he has been in buffalo.

Can you prove that it is scheme other than your guess? Because with or without Andy Reid his running backs have been just about the same production. Jamaal Charles was already putting up those numbers before Reid came, and Mccoy has put up similar stats that he did in philly while he has been in buffalo.

So youre saying if hes on the lions running pistol draws with our oline hes rushing for 6 yards a clip? When your answer is no....because your answer should be no....then you would have answered your own question.

Ill add to that....they are doing this without superstar WRs imo...contrary to Tonys point. They are doing it with quality run blocking, a superstar TE that opening alot of things in the offense and a QB thats making the right decisions. Hunt has a ton of talent, sure....i guarentee Riddick can catch the ball on a 20 yard seem pass that Hunt took to the house on a perfect pass over a defender. Ive never seen Riddick even run that route here. Even if he did can stafford put the ball perfectly over the defender?....havent seen that either. Point being...that hunt TD wasnt all Hunt. It was perfect scheme and Smith gave him an opportunity with a perfect pass. The only opportunity Riddick gets is a 3rd down RB 4 yard arrow route underneath.

Cooter is awful....hed make Hunt look awful pretty quick. Its the reason our elite highest paid QB looks awful, we have no run game and we cant score points until we down multiple scores. Yes, Andy Reids scheme is making Hunt better and allowing him to perform at a high level.

Last edited:
So youre saying if hes on the lions running pistol draws with our oline hes rushing for 6 yards a clip? When your answer is no....because your answer should be no....then you would have answered your own question.

Ill add to that....they are doing this without superstar WRs imo...contrary to Tonys point. They are doing it with quality run blocking, a superstar TE that opening alot of things in the offense and a QB thats making the right decisions. Hunt has a ton of talent, sure....i guarentee Riddick can catch the ball on a 20 yard seem pass that Hunt took to the house on a perfect pass over a defender. Ive never seen Riddick even run that route here. Even if he did can stafford put the ball perfectly over the defender?....havent seen that either. Point being...that hunt TD wasnt all Hunt. It was perfect scheme and Smith gave him an opportunity with a perfect pass. The only opportunity Riddick gets is a 3rd down RB 4 yard arrow route underneath.

Cooter is awful....hed make Hunt look awful pretty quick. Its the reason our elite highest paid QB looks awful, we have no run game and we cant score points until we down multiple scores. Yes, Andy Reids scheme is making Hunt better and allowing him to perform at a high level.

A couple of things I think you hit on perfectly.

1. How JBC uses his "weapons". I cannot fathom using the 10th overall pick on an athletic TE and then NOT running vertical routes with him. How often does Ebron run seam routes? Or deep crosses? Something he can use his athleticism (his only real asset) to separate from defenders? NEVER!!!

Same thing with Riddick. Riddick seams to run the same 2-3 routes a game. He is so good at those routes he routinely gets open.......but how about we try something else. Put him in motion out of the backfield and into the slot. If the LB follows him....easy man 2 man read and we now have a full route tree for Riddick to run against a LB. How often do we see that?? NEVER.

Not using the talent you have on the field to its fullest potential is the single best sign of bad coaching.

2. Why pay Stafford at this level to run this offense. All due respect to #9.....I have been a big supporter of his since he was drafted and sometimes with nothing more than "I think he can be great". But why a pay guy that kind of money to run an offense that Teddy Bridgewater could run?? I just don't get it. I think Cooter has helped him in some ways.....but held him back in many more. We don't really have the personal to run a mostly vertical offense......but we have enough athletes that we should be able to make teams respect more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. Right now, that is all they have to defend. JBC has basically made the Lions offense a full time 1st and goal type offense. We are shrinking the field on ourselves.

You want to know the main reason we're so good in garbage time? Its the only time the defense plays us straight up. Its the only time we run multiple routes downfield on the same play. They give us more space because they're defending the entire field......and Stafford is good enough to take advantage of that.

I think JBC is our biggest issue right now. He needs to open it up from the first snap or lose his job. Simple as that. Oh, and ive already said it 100 times.....but we need to go out and get Bryant from Pitt or Goodwin from SF.

Get Decker and Lang healthy. Stafford and Ansah healthy. Quin and Tate healthy. Then dominate.

Get Decker and Lang healthy. Stafford and Ansah healthy. Quin and Tate healthy. Then dominate.

That would unfair because AR is not healthy.

With that being said, the other North teams have a who's who of crap at QB. It should be an easy division title. The key word "should." How could they fudge this up?

That would unfair because AR is not healthy.

With that being said, the other North teams have a who's who of crap at QB. It should be an easy division title. The key word "should." How could they fudge this up?

Ngata and Hyder still out. Would be fair. Packer fans deserve Rodgers hurt the next 10 years

Ngata and Hyder still out. Would be fair. Packer fans deserve Rodgers hurt the next 10 years

Why? Are you jealous. I remember it said on here a time or two that the only way the Lions could win the division is if AR retired or got hurt. They're already 0 for 1.

I notice the Vikings are losing OL left and right to injuries, and no QB all year and yet it's our injuries.. We're the only one hamstrung by injuries. Lol.

Back on topic, technically the lions franchise is one giant decades long injury

Why? Are you jealous. I remember it said on here a time or two that the only way the Lions could win the division is if AR retired or got hurt. They're already 0 for 1.

I notice the Vikings are losing OL left and right to injuries, and no QB all year and yet it's our injuries.. We're the only one hamstrung by injuries. Lol.

Correction....min is on their 3rd QB. That's like us starting brad kayaa. But yet we still make excuses for Stafford

Last edited:
Back