Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU hires recruiting Coordinator

Rumors are that Blackburn is paying dividends already and 1 or more of these guys is ready to committ to MSU this week. Word is Josh Alabi, but some crystal balls have changed both Webber and Cole to MSU today. We'll see.

Last edited:
Its reality but that doesn't matter. All of the stuff, general studies, apr, players walking w a degree in undeclared, it all runs counter to the reputation...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You're gonna have to do better than that. The apr score is indicative of a messy transition and little else, and the no major thing is an internet misconception ( who's you're source, 11 warriors?).

Who is saying UM football is equal to NU academically anyway? Probably more of your strawman wolverines.

You're gonna have to do better than that. The apr score is indicative of a messy transition and little else, and the no major thing is an internet misconception ( who's you're source, 11 warriors?).

Who is saying UM football is equal to NU academically anyway? Probably more of your strawman wolverines.

your 1yr APR was shitty too.

again, I don't care if you guys shuttle kids into some bullshit major designed to keep athletes eligible, just own it.

your 1yr APR was shitty too.

again, I don't care if you guys shuttle kids into some bullshit major designed to keep athletes eligible, just own it.

How exactly am I supposed to "own" that? Do a high percentage of Michigan football players major in General Studies? Yes, they do. Does that prove that an education at the University of Michigan is not more valuable than X University? No, it doesn't.

But if we're talking about owning things, how about your ignorant comment about Gardner? Care to "own" spreading that bullshit?

X: "Michigan academics are nothing special. in fact they're just as bad as everyone else. their APR is last in the Big Ten."

Y: "No it isn't."

X: "No, but that doesn't change anything because Devin Gardner WALKED without even declaring a major."

Y: "No he didn't."

X: "No... no he didn't. But man, Michigan sucks, don't they?"

jil3dv.jpg

not sure why I keep going back to Billy Madison quotes... but that might be an idea of the general level of discussion with teh MSU crowd.

How exactly am I supposed to "own" that? Do a high percentage of Michigan football players major in General Studies? Yes, they do. Does that prove that an education at the University of Michigan is not more valuable than X University? No, it doesn't.

But if we're talking about owning things, how about your ignorant comment about Gardner? Care to "own" spreading that bullshit?

Michigan tries to sell an elite academic experience to recruits then shuffles them into a bs major thats only in place to keep football players eligible.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/aca...f/2008/03/athletes_safe_harbor_is_genera.html

Whats your point on dg? Does he study generals as well?

So I guess you're not going to own spreading BS rumors. Not a surprise

So I guess you're not going to own spreading BS rumors. Not a surprise

Was he African American studies? His profile that was updated this year still said undeclared.

Regardless of his major, Michigan is as much or more of a football factory as osu or msu but tries to sell recruits on the Michigan academic experience. Its really just a case of pushing kids into wolverine athletics junior college.

Was he African American studies? His profile that was updated this year still said undeclared.

Regardless of his major, Michigan is as much or more of a football factory as osu or msu but tries to sell recruits on the Michigan academic experience. Its really just a case of pushing kids into wolverine athletics junior college.

I think you need to do a little more research before throwing out these claims.

cutting and pasting an article that was largely debunked (and even shows that 51% of the students majoring in G.S. aren't athletes) doesn't really cut it.

I think you need to do a little more research before throwing out these claims.

cutting and pasting an article that was largely debunked (and even shows that 51% of the students majoring in G.S. aren't athletes) doesn't really cut it.

Are you fkm? 3% of student body is gs but a huge percentage of the football team is. Can you just admit that um pushes kids to an easy major to keep them eligible? We do that with communications or criminal justice but at least thats a real course of study, not electives.

Cant you just admit that Michigan is no different?

Are you fkm? 3% of student body is gs but a huge percentage of the football team is. Can you just admit that um pushes kids to an easy major to keep them eligible? We do that with communications or criminal justice but at least thats a real course of study, not electives.

Cant you just admit that Michigan is no different?

well MSU's standards are a joke generally, so majoring in comm or criminal justice or advertising or whatever isn't a better education than a G.S. from Michigan.

If I wanted to skate through school, staying eligible is going to be a lot easier in E.L. where I would be competing against a student body that's mostly kids from Michigan who couldn't get into Michigan... than obviously the kids from Michigan (and the East Coast... and the world) who could.

Forgive me for going off his profile. Shocked that hes not gs though.

No problem, you're forgiven for reading Buckeye blogs and spreading whatever they say as the truth. I guess.

well MSU's standards are a joke generally, so majoring in comm or criminal justice or advertising or whatever isn't a better education than a G.S. from Michigan.

If I wanted to skate through school, staying eligible is going to be a lot easier in E.L. where I would be competing against a student body that's mostly kids from Michigan who couldn't get into Michigan... than obviously the kids from Michigan (and the East Coast... and the world) who could.

Not talking about your typical undergrad but the football team. Msu does something similar which I freely admit. We also dont portray ourselves as an academic experience like Stanford or nw. We admit that we're a football factory.

Back