Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

*Official UM Hoops Thread*

Pitt transfer Cameron Johnson lists Michigan as a possibility:

http://www.umhoops.com/2017/04/07/report-pitt-transfer-cameron-johnson-lists-michigan/

"The 6-foot-8, 210 pound wing is known for his shooting stroke as he made 78-of-188 (42%) of his threes last season and two-thirds of his shot attempts were three-pointers."

I think I'd prefer Alstork, but either would be good. Alstork is better at the pick and roll game and that's something we need to replace with the departure of Walton and Irvin.

Rumors swirl around Wilson and Wagner

truth is that Duncan Robinson, Muhammad-Ali Abdur Rahkman, DJ Wilson, and Mo Wagner submitted their names to the draft committee. They get a nice little report on what they need to work on when they return to Michigan next season

IMO, nothing to see here:

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Wagner-Wilson-leaning-toward-entering-NBA-Draft-52177939

If true, this is different than submitting their names to the committee. This would be the next step after getting a positive response. Not a huge deal as long as they don't hire an agent, but it would point to how seriously they're considering leaving.

This is the newest potential target.
http://www.umhoops.com/2017/04/08/james-daniel-wants-win-national-championship/

Was the NCAA leader in PPG a couple of seasons ago. Deciding between DePaul, OSU, Tennessee, and Michigan. So, if they wanted him now, think he could be had.

He would be a decent get. D. isn't the biggest problem not knowing when a scholarship is going to free up? We have 1 right now and maybe more if wilson or Wagner goes pro. I guess it's a big old waiting game ..

Just read an article that said Wilson is going to go home and skip the spring semester.

Wagner is going to be in school

I guess they can skip an entire semester and stay eligible?

Jeff Goodman (GoodmanESPN)
Howard grad transfer James Daniel (@byrds_view11) told ESPN he has a top 4 of Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee and DePaul.

My gut feeling tells me they end up with that kid from Howard, James Daniel.

My gut feeling tells me they end up with that kid from Howard, James Daniel.

He is visiting on May 29, which is after May 24. May 24 is the deadline for Wagner and/or Wilson to exit the draft.

My total horrible guess on the timeline:

Wagner/Wilson return
Bamba goes to Duke
Michigan signs Daniel

Wilson is not participating in the 5 v 5 at the combine.

In my humble opinion, he gone.

I was torn initially on whether it's a good look all things considered if he was sitting out voluntarily.

All it takes is one team in the late 1st to say, "we are taking you." At that point, I guess I wouldn't blame him for sitting out the 5 v 5.

Back