Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Drummond

Super star player ?? Thats comical considering he sits on the bench at the end of games . What kind of superstar does that ? Nice try

Umm no , teams hate Howard because he is a liability and they think they cant fix it but soon find out they cant , nice try though .

And your little link about people breaking down his film was written in November , at the start of the season when he was actually tearing it up . So again , nice try .

If you are ok with giving someone who sits at crunch time 24/year then thats your opinion . I on the other hand would rather go in a different direction .

Come on NS.

Give me examples on how to trade Drummond and how to get the best value for him. We do know that Silver is going to change the rules. Drummond has improved since his rookie year and hopefully he will figure his free throw shooting out. I guess you have missed the last 6 years of Piston basketball. You are acting like he is a bust.

Come on NS.

Give me examples on how to trade Drummond and how to get the best value for him. We do know that Silver is going to change the rules. Drummond has improved since his rookie year and hopefully he will figure his free throw shooting out. I guess you have missed the last 6 years of Piston basketball. You are acting like he is a bust.

Well i dont know all the financials involved and i cant call teams to see whats out there . Besides , the deadline is looming so hes staying for this year . Hes a RFA and we will match any offer , so guess its a moot point at this time and hope somehow he improves , or they change the rule .

The only teams that win anything are teams that have 2 or 3 true "all stars" . Its the same teams every year and everyone else is just a joke , like us .

Its def more of a frustrating and venting thing , the thought of trading Drummond and Jennings as a package just had me thinking . Pry get a nice haul back , what exactly , i dont know . I don't think he is a bust at all , hence why i think by trading him would net a nice return .

I'm always looking for ways to improve the team , we have assets that teams would want . You gotta trade value to get value back . And if by tradng Drummond it would improve us , im all for it . Its easy just to sit back and watch season after season go down the toilet , wanting to take chances to improve is whats challenging

Last edited:
Well i dont know all the financials involved and i cant call teams to see whats out there . Besides , the deadline is looming so hes staying for this year . Hes a RFA and we will match any offer , so guess its a moot point at this time and hope somehow he improves , or they change the rule .

The only teams that win anything are teams that have 2 or 3 true "all stars" . Its the same teams every year and everyone else is just a joke , like us .

Its def more of a frustrating and venting thing , the thought of trading Drummond and Jennings as a package just had me thinking . Pry get a nice haul back , what exactly , i dont know . I don't think he is a bust at all , hence why i think by trading him would net a nice return .

I'm always looking for ways to improve the team , we have assets that teams would want . You gotta trade value to get value back . And if by tradng Drummond it would improve us , im all for it . Its easy just to sit back and watch season after season go down the toilet , wanting to take chances to improve is whats challenging

This thread would have been completely different had you said these things at the beginning. Gotta take a breath before posting my man.

This thread would have been completely different had you said these things at the beginning. Gotta take a breath before posting my man.

LOL , i actually started it when we were playing the Pacers the other day and the Pacers announcers were literally laughing on air about Drummond . It was sad because was basically agreeing with them .

LOL , i actually started it when we were playing the Pacers the other day and the Pacers announcers were literally laughing on air about Drummond . It was sad because was basically agreeing with them .

In your defense, that was a really terrible game to watch. I didn't make it to the end.

I watched Drummond from back behind the basket in the warm ups before the Knicks game, and he missed ten straight FTs. Ten... in a row... It was unbelievable.

He stepped back from the line for a bit and talked to a coach before returning, moved a step to the left, then hit seven of twelve. Not sure if there's something to that or not, but it looked like it helped in the small sample size I saw.

I watched Drummond from back behind the basket in the warm ups before the Knicks game, and he missed ten straight FTs. Ten... in a row... It was unbelievable.

He stepped back from the line for a bit and talked to a coach before returning, moved a step to the left, then hit seven of twelve. Not sure if there's something to that or not, but it looked like it helped in the small sample size I saw.

I mean i realize most big guys struggle with actually shooting the ball because their hands are so damn big . Its like us trying to shoot a softball lol . Maybe more like a volleyball but you get the idea .

Then i see guys like Gasol and now Townes and others that are around 80-85%

Just frustrating as all heck , i do like Andre alot , i think i just expect him to be even more of an all around dominating player .

I mean i realize most big guys struggle with actually shooting the ball because their hands are so damn big . Its like us trying to shoot a softball lol . Maybe more like a volleyball but you get the idea .

Just frustrating as all heck , i do like Andre alot , i think i just expect him to be even more of an all around dominating player .

No one should shoot this bad at free throws..

The Pistons are 30th in the league in FT% at 64.7%

If you took Drummond's numbers out of the equation they are 77.4%, good for 13th in the league. I like the kid but he's got to get his percentage closer to 50% on a consistent basis.

Dwight Howard blows , good enough to lead a team to a championship ? Hes been on multiple teams that have superstars around him and they havent done jack shit . Now the Rockets cant wait to get rid of him .

Aaron Baynes plays more than Drummond down the stretch for crying out loud . If that doesnt tell you something right there , then i dont know what will .

You are being biased seeing the post injury version of Howard after he left the Magic. He carried the Magic with zero other stars to the Finals. He turned a group of poor individual defenders into the top defense in the league. Drummond is not in his stratosphere yet, but if he actually gets there, it's easily the cornerstone of something great.

I didn't watch the game so I will default to those that did. But was he guarding him most of the game? Drummond was only a -4, was his defense really the reason they lost?

Def wasnt on Drummond why we lost . Team actually played good , hard defense . He guarded him for the majority of the time , but he should dominate someone like him .

I did notice Drummond tends to play way too much help defense , guess cant fault him for trying to help out but it leaves his guy open for easy buckets . Thats something that he will learn to control tho , its nice to help out but you gotta know when to do it .

The Pistons are 30th in the league in FT% at 64.7%

If you took Drummond's numbers out of the equation they are 77.4%, good for 13th in the league. I like the kid but he's got to get his percentage closer to 50% on a consistent basis.

I suspect if you take everyone's worse FT shooter out they'd probably be worse than 13th. The team, as a whole, aren't very good. I agree with getting closer to 50%.

I suspect if you take everyone's worse FT shooter out they'd probably be worse than 13th. The team, as a whole, aren't very good. I agree with getting closer to 50%.

the Pistons worst free throw shooter is also the same guy that has the most attempts per game on the team. He's 5th in the league in attempts.

That was another thing I noticed while watching him in warm ups, but didn't mention above. His hands are big, and he kind of shot puts the ball and often doesn't get a ton of rotation on it off of his fingers.

The Pistons lost the game was 70% on SVG.. They just cut the lead to 5 points on Andre's Miracle heave at the buzzer to end the third. Instead of pushing to take the lead he starts the fourth with mostly bench guys and the Raptors push it back up to 14 in a blink of a eye and starters do not come back until in until the darn 5:18 mark when it was way to late. SVG needed to push right at the start of the 4th..

Last edited:
He is a very good defender bordering on elite. Top 10 in defensive plus minus.

Is he a liability? At times yes. But where would we be minus him? Not having KCP right now is the issue.

That said if the kings were willing to swap out Cousins because of his tude I'd say go for it but it would need to be trade for a superstar level guy

the Pistons worst free throw shooter is also the same guy that has the most attempts per game on the team. He's 5th in the league in attempts.

That really wasn't my point. Of course he has the most attempts when teams are fouling him 5 times in 9 seconds.

Back