Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"Who Could Turn the World on with Her Smile?"

Saw the thread title. It grabbed me. I knew it was familiar. Had to think about it for a few seconds and then said "oh, shit." RIP.

Back in the day when I was a paper thrower, although we called it carrier or deliverer, I remember assembling the Sunday sections on Saturday night in front of the TV with my family. What were we watching? The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Great show full of great characters.

my mom used to watch the MTM show religiously. I remember the theme song, but not the lyrics, except for the "You're going to make it after all!" part.

it was a pretty great show. even as a kid I liked it... Ed Asner, Ted Baxter... great characters.

RIP.

My mom is probably pouring out a glass of chardonnay to remember her right now, like a gangsta pouring out a 40 for his dead homies.

I remember Mary Tyler Moore as a talented actress and a lady with a beautiful smile from her years on the Dick Van Dyke Show and later on her own. rip.

Fun Fact: MTM broke a barrier, while on the Dick Van Dyke show, her character wearing pants. That was big time for a women.

Back