Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump Bans Transgender from Serving

dubbsco

In Military.

I mean, this isn't real life is it? Now, he's limiting who can represent this country?

I am ashamed. I hope everyone feels more and more ashamed each passing day that he's our president. This is not the country that I know.

Right.... cause your military has such a great record of tolerance towards that group.

I don't think he always does it, sometimes he's just fucking retarded, but this is as clear an example of putting something ridiculous out there in order to change the discussion that I've seen yet.

Polish, I understand the harsh history. But I wanted to believe there was something positive happening with the new policies under Obama.

This is wrong. You cannot block anyone from serving if they want to represent this country.

I wonder if this will finally help Klinger's case.

Could be.

Every definition I'm finding for "transgender" refers simply to how one self identifies.

The definition for people who have medical procedures to change their sex I'm finding to be "transsexual."

So I don't know what Trump means by "transgender" and I'm pretty sure he doesn't also.

So what if a person merely self identifies as the opposite sex but doesn't do anything medically to change their sex and also doesn't tell the recruiter, a la the days of gays and "don't ask don't tell?"

How many men or women are walking into recruiting offices and saying "just to let you know, I self identify as a member of the opposite sex…?"

How many people who have had actual sex changes are walking into recruiting offices?

What if someone is gay and walks in and says "hey I'm gay and I know gays are acceptable in the military, right now I identify with my birth gender but I can't guarantee that's not going to change?"

What if a person is straight when they walk into the recruiting office but become gay in the military?

What if a guy joins the military and during the service he decides to self identify as a woman-but-he's a lesbian?

What if I guy just walked into the recruiting station and says that-"I'm a transgender self identifying woman but I'm also sexually wired as a lesbian?"

What would President Trump I have to say to THAT?

Last edited:
Honestly, it's the bathroom stuff. It all comes back to that.

And to that I say, who gives an F? Figure it out. If people want to serve our country, let them.

I don't think he always does it, sometimes he's just fucking retarded, but this is as clear an example of putting something ridiculous out there in order to change the discussion that I've seen yet.

Right.

Otherwise what's their story? They just kinda woke up today realizing what a problem transgender members of the military are, and decided to fire off this ban?

I guess they have to discharge any service members known to be transgender. I'd imagine they would have to be honorably discharged since they didn't do anything wrong, so they'd still be eligible for all benefits and what not. Someone just decided on a policy change. and they have to implement new rules keeping transgender folks out. And then communicate these rules to every unit and recruiter for all the armed forces.

I'm sure they thought all this through and planned it out with the appropriate stakeholders.

and there will probably be a lot of litigation over this, including on constitutional grounds, but certainly they would have vetted this decision with their attorneys in the OLC so I'm sure it will stand.

Nothing like big government shitting all over someone's rights...

The_Pentagon_spends_5_times-f266b99d2b2a96f85708fb7a827354c9

Well how about that. Hours before this tweet, the FBI raided Manafort's house, looking for tax documents and bank records.

..then later that day he wonders aloud why the acting fbi director hasn't been fired by sessions, then he continues to rail against sessions in the following days. So fucking obvious

..then later that day he wonders aloud why the acting fbi director hasn't been fired by sessions, then he continues to rail against sessions in the following days. So fucking obvious

They raid the house, Trump tweets about it, then shifts to the transgender thing to distract. So...what was he tweeting about just before North Korea?

OK. This guy must have done something really bad:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump Aug 8

Senator Luther Strange has done a great job representing the people of the Great State of Alabama. He has my complete and total endorsement!

Yeah. I don't know anything about him. He's just one of the last things Trump tweeted about before going on this fire and brimstone North Korea kick.

He slammed him during campaign but now trying to support him ..guessing it's purely political party line now ..?

But yes, the Twitter fits are typically a leading indicator of something larger.

And as stunning and almost laughable as trump is, my 10yr old son is genuinely scared we are going to war. Makes me sick to my stomach and reminds me of being the same age when 'The Day After' came on and gave me nightmares.

did the transgender ban even start to get implemented? I saw quotes from the Pentagon that it was a non-starter for them (can't find it now).

I guess that doesn't really matter... Trump got his distraction AND scored points with the kind of voter who would think this is a good idea, which is also the kind of voter that has the attention span and worldview of a gnat, and will never know or care that this policy wasn't implemented

Last edited by a moderator:
Back