Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Terror Thread

tinselwolverine

So today's act of savage and mindless v
takes us to sunny Barcelona Spain, where the current temperature is a mild 82?F Fahrenheit and sunset will occur at 8:47 PM Barcelona time.

So far one confirmed dead and 32 injuries, but the media is reporting that the death toll is expected to end up being substantially higher.

Barcelona hosted the summer Olympic Games in 1992.

Last edited:
If this thread is for acts of terror and mindless shit, I'm afraid it's going to get much bigger. I had heard, I thought, a NCAA football team was there at the time - Alabama maybe? My mom told me that so she could be wrong. Just horrible..

Last edited:
Correction from above - "Men's basketball teams from Oregon State, Clemson and Arizona were staying at a hotel in Barcelona, Spain, near where a van drove into pedestrians on Thursday, but team officials said everyone was safe."

Just when you thought Wolf Blitzer and CNN couldn't get any dumber...

Yeah, there will be questions about copycats. There will be questions if what happened in Barcelona was at all a copycat version of what happened in Charlottesville. Virginia. Even though they may be different characters [with] different political ambitions. They used the same killing device, a vehicle going at high speed into a large group of pedestrians.
- Wolf Blitzer

No Wolf, no there won't. And if there are, they will only be coming from idiots like you.

Just when you thought Wolf Blitzer and CNN couldn't get any dumber...

No Wolf, no there won't. And if there are, they will only be coming from idiots like you.

He's certainly due to retire.

The last couple presidential elections, the guy CNN uses to explain electoral votes, patterns, etc (he's really good, actually) has been visibly annoyed when he has to repeat the simplest shit for Wolf to understand.

Today's act of senseless Mayham takes us to the ancient town of Turku, Finland, which for centuries served that country as an important import/export artery. A knife wielding
wack job killed 2 and injured six others before a gunshot by authorities to the leg of the assailant was able to finish the assault.

The temperature is currently 60 degrees and sunset is a little after 9 pm.

He's certainly due to retire.

The last couple presidential elections, the guy CNN uses to explain electoral votes, patterns, etc (he's really good, actually) has been visibly annoyed when he has to repeat the simplest shit for Wolf to understand.

John King. Very knowledgeable electoral analyst.

At least 20 dead and 100 injured in Las Vegas so far at Jason Aldean concert...

Just insanity… Why the fuck would somebody who is about to be eligible for Medicare and Social Security do shit like this?

they were quick to confirm this was not terrorism; just run-of-the-mill good old psychotic American violence.

the scale is horrifying: 50+ dead, 200 injured... absolutely insane.

Damn this is so sad. Frustrating that nothing can really be done to stop it anymore it seems.

Now over 400 injured.. 50+ died. So sad.

Last edited:
the local PD released an odd statement that the shooter was "known" to them, but didn't elaborate. very curious! did they have this guy on something before? should they have?

of course, acquiring a personal arsenal big enough to fight off an infantry battalion is not suspicious, or anything (as long as you're the "right" kind of extremist) because it says so in the Constitution.

the onion is reusing this headline with every new mass shooting

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox News diving right into to the really stupid takes by giving a "first responder" a platform to criticise NFL players for kneeling while "first responders" rushed toward the hotel to... (to force the shooter to kill himself).

I didn't realize there were so many black NFL players kneeling at this country music show in Las Vegas last night, instead of trying to storm a hotel to stop a mass shooting.

Back