Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Western Michigan/Mich St

wow...I didn't even realize they played WMU this weekend. Tough two games to start the season for WMU. My guess is they shot their wad last week and lose to MSU

MSU 31
WMU 24

not sure what to make of this one...

WMU had over 200 rushing yards on USC, a 100 yard punt return, and 2 INTs, while only turning the ball over once late.

I think MSU's offense needs to play mistake-free, ball control & keep the WMU offense off the field. it they play sloppy they'll lose.

I'll go with:

MSU 23
WMU 17

That Phillips kid is the real deal. Spartans completely controlling this game, though.

Phillips will be playing in the NFL.
Also, what energy this MSU defense is playing with right now is incredible. A bunch of young guys making plays. The defense has given up 0 points to a team that put up big numbers against USC just a week ago. Future is bright!
Lewerke is the real deal, although he will make some frustrating plays but you have to live with it.

Defense has not given up a TD yet this season and has given up 203.5 yards a game. Front 7 played really well. Josiah Scott is a future All American.

Warner is awful. Lewerke is good. Backs are good. Davis III is an NFL talent. O line is spotty, guards are below average, tackles are good.

Last edited:
didn't see the game today, but based on last week's performance I think we're still vulnerable in the defensive backfield. If BG had a decent QB, they could easily have scored on a few deep balls. and this is two weeks in row we've given up a TD on special teams.

Last edited:
Back