Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wild dogs in Africa form democracies

Michchamp

They vote by sneezing and counting the sneezes for or against something.

fucking amazing. dogs are so great.

still not a perfect democracy though... based on observations, if dominant pack members support a course of action, it takes fewer sneezes/votes to move the pack to action. however, the will of the collective pack can outweigh the will of the few.

link.

Hyenas as the picture for the article. Funny they aren't dogs.

Wouldn't even describe that as a democracy.

Is there a liberal bullshit database you keep pulling these sticks from? You should try the new age bullshit generator. http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

They vote by sneezing and counting the sneezes for or against something.

fucking amazing. dogs are so great.

still not a perfect democracy though... based on observations, if dominant pack members support a course of action, it takes fewer sneezes/votes to move the pack to action. however, the will of the collective pack can outweigh the will of the few.

link.

Cool beans, pack behavior not at all unlike tribal in humans.

still not a perfect democracy though...

So you're saying doggie democracies are actually doggie quasi - oligacharies in reality?

Dogs packs are devolving to reflect their connections to their ties to humans?

I feel I have always had psychic connection to my dogs.

And dogs have an immeasurable psychic connection to each other.

So you're saying doggie democracies are actually doggie quasi - oligacharies in reality?

Dogs packs are devolving to reflect their connections to their ties to humans?

I feel I have always had psychic connection to my dogs.

And dogs have an immeasurable psychic connection to each other.

there is not an oligarchic aspect... more tyrannical. strongest dog is the alpha dog, not the richest dog. but these dogs still have a more fair democracy than we do. they hand (paw) count the votes/sneezes, instead of using inscrutable, easily hacked voting machines, like we do. they don't have a problem with voter fraud.

there is not an oligarchic aspect... more tyrannical. strongest dog is the alpha dog, not the richest dog. but these dogs still have a more fair democracy than we do. they hand (paw) count the votes/sneezes, instead of using inscrutable, easily hacked voting machines, like we do. they don't have a problem with voter fraud.

If they vote it's not a tyranny, even if the alpha dog's vote counts for two.

Back