Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 157 Tigers @ royals Tuesday Sept 26, 2017 8:15 pm EST

turok

Tigers:

1) Kinsler, Ian 2B

2) Iglesias, Jose SS

3) Castellanos, Nicholas RF

4) Candelario. Jeimer 3B

5) McCann, James C

6) Hicks, John DH

7) Navarro, Efren 1B

8) Jones, JaCoby CF

9) Presley, Alex LF

SP Snatchez, Gopherbal (Sac Lamb)

Even if Snatchez puts together 3 consecutive QS, its little too little, waaay too late.

royals:

1) merrygoround, whirl 2b

2) sprain, lozenge cf

3) cowreara, milky rf

4) hoser, dreck duh

5) pees. stevedore, c

6) moustaches, rides 3b

7) moss, gatherno 1b

8) tittybar, acidy sos

9) gorgon, helix lf

sp fartgas, gason

thanks, mlb (dot) com for switching to the warmup page before I had a chance to finish typing in the lineups, then going into a refresh-loop, freezing my browser...jerks!!

Last edited:
Sweet, the Royals only playing 6 tonight. We might have a chance.

Sweet, the Royals only playing 6 tonight. We might have a chance.

I want the Tigers to lose out, and nab the #1 or #2 draft pick, who cares if they lose 100, instead of 99-98 games?

I want the Tigers to lose out, and nab the #1 or #2 draft pick, who cares if they lose 100, instead of 99-98 games?

I let it play out.. Hard for me to hope they lose but I don't see them winning a game though.

Tall order for the Tigers tonight with fartgas on the mound and tittybar in the lineup for the Royals.

Good postgame pitching anal-ysis by Mr. Golden Sombrero Craig Monroe.

The Tigers inched closer to receiving the No. 1 pick in next year’s MLB Draft with a loss to the Royals on Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium.

In Kinsler’s 600th plate appearance of the season, he hit an RBI single in the top of the third inning. With the plate appearance, his $11 million contract option for 2018 automatically vested. The Tigers were likely going to pick up Kinsler’s option anyway. They also likely will receive strong enough trade offers in the off-season to trade him. Kinsler’s RBI single opened the scoring.

For a third consecutive start, Sanchez showed signs that he could, indeed, help a team next season in a starting rotation role. Sanchez coughed up the lead, allowing runs in the fourth and fifth innings, but they were his only runs allowed of the game. He allowed seven hits over six innings, with two walks and six strikeouts. Sanchez has allowed four runs on 16 hits in his past three starts, spanning 18 innings.
Sanchez (3-6) took the loss, allowing two runs and seven hits while striking out six over six innings. Sanchez is winless in eight starts since an Aug. 1 victory over the New York Yankees.

The Tigers only tallied five hits, and they grounded into five double plays,
tying their season high on Sept. 3.

The Tigers are speeding toward a couple of dubious achievements; one irredeemable, the other could eventually produce a positive gain.

They lost their eighth straight baseball game Tuesday – 2-1 to the Royals.
They have 95 losses with five games left (they are an abysmal 4-21 in September), bringing their first 100-loss season since 2003 in clear sight.

ROARS
Anibal Sanchez – A quality start. Six innings, two ruins, six strikeouts, one walk. A nice start to give teams something to think about as they look at lower tier pitchers over the winter.

HISSES
Double plays – Five of them to be precise. Killed every rally tigers tried to start.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...448#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=492448
Boxscore.

TRAINER'S ROOM
Tigers: 1B Miguel Cabrera (two herniated discs) is seeking a second opinion. It is undetermined whether he will play in the final five games of the season.

RHP Jeff Ferrell (concussion) threw a bullpen session. He has yet to be cleared.
OF Tyler Collins (intercostal strain) was unavailable to play. His last game was Friday.
OF Mikie Mahtook (left groin pull) is finished for the season.

Last edited:
Back