Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

His night is done, being PH for, and he can't be the winning pitcher of record in Game 6.

Astros just can't get the big hit sadly. Jose not really hitting this series .

Last edited:
Altuve had a chance to tie the game in the top 7th with runners on first and third with two outs, but grounded to third.

Up 3-1 in the eighth looks like the Dodgers are going to force games seven .

It's too bad. I really wanted to see him close the deal and cement his legacy tonight. He still pitched great. He gave up what...5 hits in 2 world series starts?

Both the Dodgers and Astros beat opposing teams Ace in thier last starts and now advantage swings back in LA favor for game 7.

Too bad for JV, but with his teamates not hitting much, he needed to be nearly perfect.

Too bad for JV, but with his teamates not hitting much, he needed to be nearly perfect.

I guess I can wish the Dodgers had gotten Verlander instead of Yu Darvish (I don't really know the spelling) not entirely unlike the way the Dodgers had gotten Kirk Gibson...wow...more than a quarter century...more than a generation ago...

But then that just puts me on the Island of Misfit Toys...

Regardless of who wins Game 7, both teams are solid and each are capable of winning 100+ games and WD titles again next season, while the Tigers are capable of losing 100+ and wind up in the ALCD cellar again.

Perspective

The Dodgers probably having stiffer competition within their division though.

Although the '84 WS winning Tigers team were among my peers, age wise, the '68 team will always hold a more special place in my fondest memories, b/c when you're just a kid, sports heroes are larger than life. I am not expecting to see another championship team here in the D anytime soon, but only the Lions have not won any while my being an adult. So they are the franchise who I most hope will finally win one before I pass.

Last edited:
I guess I can wish the Dodgers had gotten Verlander instead of Yu Darvish (I don't really know the spelling) not entirely unlike the way the Dodgers had gotten Kirk Gibson...wow...more than a quarter century...more than a generation ago...

But then that just puts me on the Island of Misfit Toys...

My younger sister dated Gibson back in '81, but it didn't pan out btw them. Would have been pretty cool to have him as a BiL, though. Never met him while they were seeing each other, as she was still living with our parents, and I had moved out to a far western suburb a few years earlier.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sucks that Verlander is now 0-4 in 5 WS starts, but at least his new team has otherwise been very competitive in it, already winning 2 more games than both WS Tigers teams who he pitched for, managed to muster in '06 and '12.

He still stands a very good chance of getting that ever elusive first WS win over the next two years or so, while playing for a progressive organization which has a clue, unlike his prior one.

Here we go . It's the bottom of the 6th Astros up 5-0. Dodgers usually make thier move in the 6th inning.
1st and 2nd no outs .

Last edited:
That's a strike ump.Dodgers get cooking on that pitch .

Dodgers 1-13.
Astros 1-9

Risp.

Ether comes through with a rbi single.5-1

Last edited:
Yikes Segar's sawed off bat almost impales Astros pitcher.

5-1 top of the seventh.
5-1 bottom of the 8th.

Last edited:
Back