Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The shine is gone

So what?

How many wins over Michigan did the Buckeyes have to forfeit because of all that?

The OP of this thread is about Harbaugh not succeeding against rivals.

That's the shine that's gone, according to the OP.

And it's true, he's not succeeding, but neither did his predecessors - not for a long damn time.

That said, Harbaugh has two 10 win seasons in his first two seasons; obviously, we don't know what's gonna happen this season.

His three predecessors had two 10 win seasons in the 11 years before him.

The shine is gone against our rivals, but it's been gone for a long time before Harbaugh came.
The shine of the program is gone. One shared national title since 19fucking48. Zero Big 10 titles since 2004. The shine has a fuckload of patina.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The shine of the program is gone. One shared national title since 19fucking48. Zero Big 10 titles since 2004. The shine has a fuckload of patina.

I don't know.

I guess it depends on what one looks at as shine.

Last season a controversial close road loss to the Buckeyes as the game was ending was all that stood in the way of Michigan going forward in the national championship hunt; even after a previous loss.

This season didn't end today.

This was always going to be a transitional season. Which is why the 11-star QBs should get the reps. Even Bo started Leach as a freshman and he played in all 12 games.

So? What does that mean? How does that excuse this team from giving them FIVE turnovers?

Isn't this a transitional year for MSU?

Jim had 2 weeks to prepare for his biggest rival, and they come out with an embarrassing, embarrassing gameplan.

Stop with the excuses. After OSU bends this team over, Jim will have 1 win in 3 years over his rivals. That's a joke.

I don't know.

I guess it depends on what one looks at as shine.

Last season a controversial close road loss to the Buckeyes as the game was ending was all that stood in the way of Michigan going forward in the national championship hunt; even after a previous loss.

This season didn't end today.
No it didn't end today. We'll continue to beat the garbage and mediocre teams and we'll have a few more losses to the good Big 10 teams. Going to be amazing.

Can't wait for the Jack Links Beef Jerky Bowl.

This was always going to be a transitional season. Which is why the 11-star QBs should get the reps. Even Bo started Leach as a freshman and he played in all 12 games.

Not sure I expected to lose to a younger Spartan team with 5 turnovers.. Team looked unpreaparded on offense to handle adversity after Isaacs fumble. Its frustrating O'korn wasnt prepared better . Other then 2 drives you should win when Your defense holds a team to 14. Now I am tired of Brown's defense waiting till after a score or two to adjust. I thinks it's time to play a younger qb who can grow with the younger players.

Last edited:
Not sure I expected to lose to a younger Spartan team with 5 turnovers.. Team looked unpreaparded on offense to handle adversity after Isaacs fumble. Its frustrating O'korn wasnt prepared better . Other then 2 drives you should win when Your defense holds a team to 14. Now I am tired of Brown's defense waiting till after a score or two to adjust. I thinks it's time to play a younger qb who can grow with the younger players.

Brown's defense has been great. Giving up 14 points when your offense concedes 5 turnovers is amazing. Spartans scored their first TD after Isaac fumbled, and they gave up one long pass play on the second TD drive where the receiver made a circus catch (one of several breaks that went their way). That was it basically.

I said it after the Purdue game that we were massively overrated as a top 10 team, and that I feared at least 3-4 losses upcoming. The offensive shortcomings are just too much right now. No playmakers to be found, and Harbaugh seems to be stuck in the 80s with the offensive philosophy.

I don't want Jim gone at all. This can be fixed, but he needs to actually do it.

People really need to be careful what they wish for. We bitched about Carr and then we got RichRod. Tigers fans bitched about Leyland, and then we got Ausmus. Red Wings fans bitched about Babcock and now we have Blashill. Lions fans have bitched about every single coach ever and they still can't find one. I'm guilty of this myself as I bitch about John Beilein all the time actually.

Harbaugh is not perfect, but he's still the best guy for the job right now.

Last edited:
People really need to be careful what they wish for. We bitched about Carr and then we got RichRod. Tigers fans bitched about Leyland, and then we got Ausmus. Red Wings fans bitched about Babcock and now we have Blashill. Lions fans have bitched about every single coach ever and they still can't find one. I'm guilty of this myself as I bitch about Jim Beilein all the time actually.

Drevno is not.

Losing Newsome to injury has really stunted the o-line growth . Hasn't cole had to move postions because of it ?

Last edited:
People really need to be careful what they wish for. We bitched about Carr and then we got RichRod. Tigers fans bitched about Leyland, and then we got Ausmus. Red Wings fans bitched about Babcock and now we have Blashill. Lions fans have bitched about every single coach ever and they still can't find one. I'm guilty of this myself as I bitch about John Beilein all the time actually.

There were some dark dark years after the scandals came out before Beilein came along

I don't know which of my beer Cousy's I want to use at least today-Michigan, the lions, tigers, or the Red Wings.

UM, no one here wants him gone.

But I don't know how to put this any other way. The ball licking and putting him on some grand pedestal has to stop.

UM, no one here wants him gone.

But I don't know how to put this any other way. The ball licking and putting him on some grand pedestal has to stop.

And who around here is licking his balls? I would wager we are all upset at how the game unfolded Saturday night.

I would say this group around here is the minority. The common M fan still thinks he's god-awoken.

I would say this group around here is the minority. The common M fan still thinks he's god-awoken.

Would disagree with that notion. I don't know any level-headed Wolverine fan who just swept this game under the rug so abruptly. If you know of any then they are clearly not worth dealing with anyway.

Back