Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who needs clean air?

"A leaked draft of the repeal proposal asserts that the country would save $33 billion by not complying with the regulation and rejects the health benefits the Obama administration had calculated from the original rule."

Save?

lol

It will wind up in the pockets of the billionare 01%.

But when we are $$$20 trillion in debt and climbing, saving a few 10s of billions per year is kinda woefully inadequate and redundant.

Last edited:
Even mainland China is moving away from non-renewables, not as much into nuke energy, but green tech.

The US appears to be going into reverse, and could become a Dark Ages rogue nation that will be left for dead economically, educationally, and environmentally. But hey, we will still be a military power more or less, so theres that to still hang our hats on.

But continued deregulation should shorten the lives of many Murkins, esp the very young, infirm, ill, and elderly who are not or no longer are productive. Social/fiscal Darwinism.

Last edited:
Just pray harder.

What the hell, man? I doubt you'll find anyone on this board that cares more about this stuff than I do. But you pick on my ideology like it's the problem. Not to imply you're the only one or that this is a particularly egregious example, but shit, it sucks to get lumped in as part of the problem after making real sacrifices.

What the hell, man? I doubt you'll find anyone on this board that cares more about this stuff than I do. But you pick on my ideology like it's the problem. Not to imply you're the only one or that this is a particularly egregious example, but shit, it sucks to get lumped in as part of the problem after making real sacrifices.

You are aware, of course, that Fundamentalists/Evangelicals especially consider RCism and the Vatican/Holy See/Pope as being heretic frauds. Religious beliefs aren't really an ideology, otherwise every Christian, Jew, Muslim..ect..would be conservative. The Protestants and IRA in Northern Ireland haven't exactly always been bosom buddies, either.

Last edited:
You are aware, of course, that Fundamentalists/Evangelicals especially consider RCism and the Vatican/Holy See/Pope as being heretic frauds. Religious beliefs aren't really an ideology. The Protestants and IRA in Northern Ireland haven't exactly always been bosom buddies, either.

And I think there's plenty wrong with fundamentalists too. Doesn't really change anything when we get swept up together as a group. And there isn't much difference between various religions or atheists on this matter. The criticism is off base.

http://www.pewforum.org/2004/11/02/...ronmental-protection-across-religious-groups/

environment1.gif

How is this a real problem when we still have players kneeling during the anthem?

I suppose I should've added the fact that my neighbor insists that environmental factors, bad or good, are God's work and that there is "nothing measly men can do to wreck the world our mighty God has created for us. It would heal faster than we could destroy it. When it's time for the world to end, He will choose."

In this particular case I was just speaking anecdotal.

Last edited:
I suppose I should've added the fact that my neighbor insists that environmental factors, bad or good, are God's work and that there is "nothing measly men can do to wreck the world our mighty God has created for us. It would heal faster than we could destroy it. When it's time for the world to end, He will choose."

That's fair. And I want to stress that I see a lot of this in a more generalized sense, and I'm reacting to more to all of it.

You know, this isn't even right with the Bible.

"let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

To me, if you have dominion over something, you have the power to destroy it.

Most dumb animals know better than to soil their own nests.

Not us humans though, who should much better use the wisdom that sentient beings are born with.

Amassing greater wealth with the assistance of winning the birth/physical talent lotto, is not so much admirable nor impressive, and tends to draw envy and jealousy when flaunted or boasted. But here in Murka, we tend to reward greed and selfishness much more than generosity and sacrifice.

Last edited:
How is this a real problem when we still have players kneeling during the anthem?

How is that a real problem?

If you don't agree with it, it still does no harm to anything other than someones feelings(boohoo).

EDIT: if you were just being sarcastic with that post then you have my apologies, if you were serious you have my pity.

Last edited:
Yeah I was just being sarcastic. Just showing how some people care about the most pointless of things while not caring at all about the issues that are most important. Sadly people are like that and you can't tell if they are joking or not. Kinda of like when our current president says something so ridiculous I have to make sure it's not something from the Onion.

You know, this isn't even right with the Bible.

"let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

To me, if you have dominion over something, you have the power to destroy it.

In my experience, it's not out of the ordinary for people to cherry pick from 'The good book' to suit their interests and needs.

Back