Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh future

gotime909

I heard on the radio today that Michigan plays at ND, MSU and OSU next year and it got me thinking. Assuming that Michigan loses to OSU this year(not a given but if they do). Where do you guys stand on his future if they lose all 3 of those games next year? Even if they won the rest of the games should he be fired? 1-8 vs your 3 main rivals can't make anyone happy.

I know I've been trolling a bit, but I'm not digging with this. I'm truly wondering where some of you guys would stand.

Depends on how the games go. If they continue to be competitive and reach overtime or involve highly unlikely bad snaps or 5 flippin' turnovers in the rain, I'll chalk it up to the same bad luck we've been having. Nothing to flip out over. Just crappy luck.

Fuck me runnin', im over it. The bounces in these games have to change at some fucking point.

All opponents included, what's his best road win?

and in regards to the "lucky" bounces, don't let an inferior team stick around and it's not an issue. Right?

I'm giving him until we have an o-line with a pulse. Hoke's shitty recruiting is still sinking the offense.

2019 will be the first year where he has his recruits, with playing experience, on the o-line.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark was only 18-13 his first 31 games so I'm pretty sure Jims job is safe. If the games are close like 4 of the 5 have between msu and osu in which one play and or call could have turned a loss into victory you just have to say that its just dumb football luck. . Sooner or later those games will turn into wins . Now I would perfer to see a tad more fire out if Jim unless I am missing something he seems more subdued then in the past.

I wish I could find the photo. Michigan player was flagged for a pass interference call Saturday night that was legit . The same frame shot in my mind of I think Perry or Hill at O$u last season with the Buckeye arm around him wasn't called .. yeah I know calls are missed but the game that grinds me the most is last season's O$u game. The officals were criminal in that game .
The Msu play in 2015 was a fluke but then I should remember msu specializes in fluke wins so maybe it's skill. Saturday you guys act like you pounded us and it's a joke. Msu had 2 drives in the game for scores lol. So yeah I'm hoping my coach figures his offense , and soon. Play Peters and call a better game . Evolve please Jim.

Last edited:
I'm quite surprised to see so many excuses for him so far.

I'm giving him until we have an o-line with a pulse. Hoke's shitty recruiting is still sinking the offense.

2019 will be the first year where he has his recruits, with playing experience, on the o-line.

Newsome injury has just stunted this line growth sadly. Moved guys all around .

Last edited:
Newsome injury has just stunted this line growth sadly. Moved guys all around .
Yup. Only talented tackles on the roster are true freshman. Cole is a center playing out of position.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite surprised to see so many excuses for him so far.

Damn you are are troll. They aren't going to fire him so what should we say ? Do you want discussion or not. My guess is after Marks 31 game start you guys were pissed and wanted better. Yeah we want better but sometimes it takes longer then you want.

All opponents included, what's his best road win?

and in regards to the "lucky" bounces, don't let an inferior team stick around and it's not an issue. Right?

This does not appyly in rivalry games. Inferior opponents tend to hang around. Thats why its a rivalry. Lucky bounces are a must in a lot of these games.

This does not appyly in rivalry games. Inferior opponents tend to hang around. Thats why its a rivalry. Lucky bounces are a must in a lot of these games.

The thing is, there were no lucky bounces Saturday. MSU out muscled Michigan in the trenches. The only play that keeps getting brought up is the O'Korn flop that we were flagged 15 yards for. So I don't really get the typical asterisk you guys put on losses.

The thing is, there were no lucky bounces Saturday. MSU out muscled Michigan in the trenches. The only play that keeps getting brought up is the O'Korn flop that we were flagged 15 yards for. So I don't really get the typical asterisk you guys put on losses.

Damn your like a crazy kid who found a quarter on the sidewalk.

What about the fumble that bouced right back up to BL's hands and he rolls over guys for a first down? That's not a lucky bounce ? Because it was.

Last edited:
What about the fumble that bouced right back up to BL's hands and he rolls over guys for a first down? That's not a lucky bounce ? Because it was.

That never happened Bob. You're seriously delusional. He never fumbled the ball on that play.

I heard on the radio today that Michigan plays at ND, MSU and OSU next year and it got me thinking. Assuming that Michigan loses to OSU this year(not a given but if they do). Where do you guys stand on his future if they lose all 3 of those games next year? Even if they won the rest of the games should he be fired? 1-8 vs your 3 main rivals can't make anyone happy.

I know I've been trolling a bit, but I'm not digging with this. I'm truly wondering where some of you guys would stand.

Harbaugh has the job for as long as he wants it, barring any major scandals that involve his players and sexual abuse charges or if he goes 3-9 in a given season.

The inferior opponent did hang around Saturday night. Largely because the weather caused the better team to sit on the ball in the second half after getting a nice lead of 14-3 when the weather was still good. Too much talent on MSU's defense for UM, receivers can't get separation from MSU's DBs, O Line can't block MSU's more athletic front 7. The talent gap was apparent at QB too, UM doesn't have anyone on their roster close to as talented at QB as Lewerke is.

Good weather all game and the final score would likely have been 28-10 or worse.

The inferior opponent did hang around Saturday night. Largely because the weather caused the better team to sit on the ball in the second half after getting a nice lead of 14-3 when the weather was still good. Too much talent on MSU's defense for UM, receivers can't get separation from MSU's DBs, O Line can't block MSU's more athletic front 7. The talent gap was apparent at QB too, UM doesn't have anyone on their roster close to as talented at QB as Lewerke is.

Good weather all game and the final score would likely have been 28-10 or worse.

I didn't watch the game but MSU had a 5-0 turnover advantage and only won by 4. Were they really the superior team?

I didn't watch the game but MSU had a 5-0 turnover advantage and only won by 4. Were they really the superior team?

They moved the ball before the weather went to shit. After that they just played safe with the ball and kept it on the ground. MSU controlled both lines of scrimmage the whole game.

That never happened Bob. You're seriously delusional. He never fumbled the ball on that play.

Read the first few sentence and I will find the tape. . That ball was fumbled and it bouced right back to him . So was it a bad snap or a fumble that luckily bounced right back to him. Stop trying to change the facts.

It's says and I quote

"After fumbling the snap on third and 3"

https://www.si.com/college-football...-state-first-down-2016-controversy-ohio-state

Find the whole tape if you need to. It was a fumble and it bounced right back to him so stop lying. He fumbled the snap. Or maybe it was a bad snap.

Oh this article says he fumbled too.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/10/brian_lewerke_scores_biggest_w.html

Last edited:
Back