Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Levy says Lions tried to silence him on CTE

Its not damning, at least yet because its just him against them at the moment. He didn't mention the names he said tried to silence him.

Bad for the Lions, another black eye for the NFL, bad for the future of the game. How many more years do you you guys think the NFL will be around?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...estifies-detroit-lions-tried-keep-talking-cte

Bad for the Lions?? Why?? Because a "former" player is accusing an organization of something?? Lol. The NFL will never go away....EVER. Bet your ass on that. The game will change/evolve or whatever. It's probably going to get softer in some shape or form but it will never fold.

Last edited:
Maybe he has evidence of Lions front office malpractice but yeah its his word verses the lions and the NFL never losses these type of cases with the money the have. Levy is probably just trying to get another paycheck if possible. Heck why not your body gets destroyed playing this game . These athletes we watch are worth every penny and more with the injures they suffer.

Bad for the Lions?? Why?? Because a "former" player is accusing an organization of something?? Lol. The NFL will never go away....EVER. Bet your ass on that. The game will change/evolve or whatever. It's probably going to get softer in some shape or form but it will never fold.

Any changes make it unwayhable imo. What are they going to change? No pass rush, no tackling? Wtf can they change to limit concussions? 20 to 30 subconcussive hits AT PRACTICE? This games expiration date is approaching us I'm afraid

Any changes make it unwayhable imo. What are they going to change? No pass rush, no tackling? Wtf can they change to limit concussions? 20 to 30 subconcussive hits AT PRACTICE? This games expiration date is approaching us I'm afraid

Who knows what changes? I don't but there will be something. The NFL is a business and they're trying to make the game safe. Better equipment, more rules, more rest for players during practice week etc etc. The NFL isn't going anywhere anytime soon IMO. In order for that to happen, a complete abolishment of football has to happen. No more highschool ball, no more college football.

Who knows what changes? I don't but there will be something. The NFL is a business and they're trying to make the game safe. Better equipment, more rules, more rest for players during practice week etc etc. The NFL isn't going anywhere anytime soon IMO. In order for that to happen, a complete abolishment of football has to happen. No more highschool ball, no more college football.

Equipment has nothing to do with anything, 2 forces colliding is the issue. How do you take away collisions and still make this game worth watching? You cant

Put them in the old time leather helmets again so they stop using their head to tackle everything like a missile.

Honestly, I don't know what the solution to this issue is but it can't be to throw a flag on every hard hit.

Equipment has nothing to do with anything, 2 forces colliding is the issue. How do you take away collisions and still make this game worth watching? You cant

Ya ok lol. Equipment has nothing to do with anything? Are you fucking high??? That's why they're always trying to re-invent the helmet to make it better for blows, right? You have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody is saying take away the collisions

Anyone and or player who wants to protect his health and make the game safe is not a dick. Football is not going anywhere anytime soon so we may as well try and make it as safe as possible. If that is possible.

Last edited:
Anyone and or player who wants to protect his health and make the game safe is not a dick. Football is not going anywhere anytime soon so we may as well try and make it as safe as possible. If that is possible.

the game is never going to be safe.

He is all worried because he "says" the Lions told him to keep quiet about CTE. There isn't a football player on earth that doesn't know about CTE.

Ya ok lol. Equipment has nothing to do with anything? Are you fucking high??? That's why they're always trying to re-invent the helmet to make it better for blows, right? You have no idea what you're talking about. Nobody is saying take away the collisions

Does a helmet keep your brain from moving?

My friend at MTU got a concussion from getting hit shoulder to shoulder. The helmet was irrelevant. In a game where bodies are flying at each other, any jarring hit could send your brain bouncing off your skull.

My friend at MTU got a concussion from getting hit shoulder to shoulder. The helmet was irrelevant. In a game where bodies are flying at each other, any jarring hit could send your brain bouncing off your skull.

The helmet isn't irrelevant in most cases though. I watched a whole documentary on it. The NFL has worked with NASA on trying to perfect the perfect helmet.

The helmet isn't irrelevant in most cases though. I watched a whole documentary on it. The NFL has worked with NASA on trying to perfect the perfect helmet.

I'm actually really interested in this kind of thing. Do you remember the network that it was on? I'd like to find it.

I'm actually really interested in this kind of thing. Do you remember the network that it was on? I'd like to find it.

I watched it on the Documentary Ch awhile back. I don't remember the exact name of the doc but it was real cool. It was when I had BELL satellite....

Back