Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Downtime - 4/16

Mike

Well as I'm sure you've all noticed, the site was down most of the day. Looks like the host had some server issues, but I've not received an official explanation yet. :mad:

I'm very sorry for this guys. I've been on here non-stop since it happened trying to light a fire under them to get this resolved. I've sent probably 20 emails and phone calls during the entire day. I was beyond pissed. :argh:

Anyway, it's the internet, and these things can and do happen.There's no way around it. I can say though, I've been using this one company for about 6 years, and honestly, I've never had any problems with them. I've probably used 30 webhosts in the past, and they're actually the best I've used so far in 12 years of running websites.

I'd hate to abandon them because of one screw up in many years of using them, but I'm extremely mad. I'd hate to go with another, and get even worse service. I really don't know what I'm going to do, but I'll think about it in the coming days and ultimately make a decision.

Anyway, again, I'm very sorry for this guys. Hopefully for now we're all good again.

I'll keep ya updated.

Thanks, and sorry.

Mike

Thanks for the info Mike.

As pissed as any of us were, these things do happen...I remember it would at espn with no explanation.

It does look as if the time stamp is corrected.

Holy shit. I thought the site moved and no one told me. Felt like my childhood all over again..

Ugh...I just got home. Ill look into it.

Yep, I'm beyond pissed. I guess they haven't changed.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought a new server at a new host. I'll be migrating the forum sometime during the next few days. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.

Sorry.

Woo, another long one. Almost the last 24 hours. I've been associated with Hostmonster for the past 6-7 years and maybe 30 minutes of downtown all that time.

Sometime's you get what you pay for.

:hehe:

Actually, I've paid a lot more for 10X worse service in the past. lol I've been with this host for years also, and never had any problems until this year. That's just the nature of the beast when it comes to hosting.

Either way, if this is any indication of the route they're going, then I'll simply move to my next choice. This one's been great too over the years, so I don't see any problems for now, hopefully.

Thanks for staying on top of it Mike I really appreciate it.. Looks like we are back in business!!!!!!

I do worry that once we start the game chats for football that it will crash like it did during the NFL draft.

Shouldn't be a problem on the new server at all.

Will you be down while you transfer?

No, I don't really expect any downtime at all, and if there is, it will be in the early morning hours (between 1am-3am).

I'll keep ya updated..

Well we're officially on the new server/host now!

Enjoy! :tup:

Back