Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trojan blocked message

tigermud

Just starting today everytime I hit a page on this site Avast ant-virus is popping up with a message indicating that the following trojan found on this site was blocked JS:iframe-AMJ [Trj] Anyone else getting this?

No. And I'm running Avast so now I'm concerned why it's not picking it up.

But I also noticed I cant use the click smileys or posting options like bold, size, color, etc. I have to use manual HTML

I just checked the web shield tool on Avast and it indeed says last blocked page/item was this board, and as im navigating pages here I see it;s constantly blocking stuff.

Google Chrome is blocking the site. They say a known distributor of malware cellfx.com and another group of bastards are sending malware to the DSN and v.bulletin.

IE lets me on, for how long I have no idea.

My friends nephew who has fixed my computer previously, checked with this sucris.com and found our site to be blacklisted.
http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/detroitsportsforum.com

Just now I went to their site and see they are 'under construction'.

Spoke with BigBobStowell on the phone, He has an Apple, and as I was advised to purchase for my next laptop. Better anti-virus.

edit; Still coming on with my Microsoft security essentials and I have to remove each time I click on a site link or thread.

This is just awful, why do people do this??

Last edited:
I too have been getting this message for the last day or so...I am running avast as well.

Although I am much more well versed in using Windows OSes, it is easy to use free Linux distros (with WINE to view and modify Windows apps/folders/program files) that do not require as much protection from spy/malware.

No need to do much except set up, configure, and customize a software firewall to go along with a WiFi router's internal firewall and occasionally clearing cache and cookies from the browser being used. Scanning any permanently installed distros is optional once in a while with the free cloud-based ClamAV, that is, IF not using a "Live" Linux version from a thumbdrive and the OS mostly resides in physical memory. Its /home, /usr, and /usr/local files can also be installed alongside a Windows OS or a separate partition can be created within the HDD, to save configurations, downloads and folders/files....:tup:

Oh almost forgot...Windows can be run within a VM (Virtual Machine) environment, so that the OS never becomes infected with malware or spyware. This unfortuately requires the user to spend some time learning how to set up a VM on a partitioned HDD.

There is yet another and much simpler solution for Windows aficionados, which is to download and install a free software program called "Sandboxie" which can create a protective barrier between the "wild wild west" internet and the browser being used: http://www.sandboxie.com/

Last edited:
There was a redirection in the .htaccess, that has since been removed.

Comes up 'verified clean' and not blacklisted in sucuri.

Avast is still popping 3-10 trojan warnings every time I refresh any page here.

I haven't got anything, as of yet anyway. I use Chrome on a Windows PC. The problem could be Avast. Just a thought.

The site has cleared, I am not getting a redirect from Google Chrome any more, no more exploit.

Mike, Did the forum site get a updated v.bulletin version, and was it upgraded?

Also, when I went to the musicians birthday thread to post June 1, my shock wave flash player crashed.

No, we won't be upgrading to the latest VB version. In my opinion, and many others', the 3.x.x series is still the best and most stable. This little 'episode' had nothing to do with what version of VB we run. It was a problem with the webhost themselves, and happened to many sites that were also on the host.

Glad it's all fixed. :tup:

May be a false positive. Make sure Java, Flash, and Windows is up to date.

My Linux "Slackware" laptop (Thinkpad) has no issues what so ever, similar to Bob who is using a Unix based OS, Mac. The first thing I did when I got this laptop was to load Linux. My Mom, Sister's, and Brothers are all running Linux Mint on their hardware, they have no experience and have never looked back. The OS is free as well. Mint is a great choice for the general user.

Back