Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JD traded to the Diamondbacks....

JD Martinez will go down as one of greatest mid-season acquisitions of a position player in history; 29 homers, 65 RBI in 2 months.

Fewest PA in 45+ HR season
McGwire 548 (1996)
BBonds 550 (2003)
HAaron 573 (1971)

(JD Martinez has 45 HR in 479 PA w/3 games left).

JD is gonna get paid bigtime as a FA this coming offseason. Had the Tigers signed him last offseason, he might have come quite a bit cheaper.

JD Martinez will go down as one of greatest mid-season acquisitions of a position player in history; 29 homers, 65 RBI in 2 months.

Fewest PA in 45+ HR season
McGwire 548 (1996)
BBonds 550 (2003)
HAaron 573 (1971)

(JD Martinez has 45 HR in 479 PA w/3 games left).

Unreal. I'd love to see his numbers had he not missed the first 33 games of the season, he could have hit 60. Unlikely, but possible.

you are right...people will fall in love with that bat...but smart teams will also consider his defense...especially NL teams

Fortunately for JD there is an AL too. Stanton got over 300m from a NL team. Better defense than JD but he's no stud out there in RF.

And you only need 1 team who's dumb. I pick LAA.

Last edited:
I think Boston has a shot if Betts is willing to move from RF and they can trade JBJ. JD plays RF for 2 years then moves to primary DH after Hanley's contract is up.

Last edited:
Dave has offered a five year deal to JD to come to Boston says MLB network tonight, don't know the amount or if he'll accept or not

HR through 55 games:

2018 JD Martinez - 19
1998 Ken Griffey Jr - 19
1961 Mickey Mantle - 18
2006 David Ortiz - 16
2017 Giancarlo Stanton - 15

Finished with:

2018 Martinez - ?
1998 Griffey - 56
1961 Mantle - 54
2006 Ortiz - 54
2017 Stanton - 59

Last edited:
J.D Martinez has hit 175 home runs since leaving the Tigers.

The 3 players he was traded for have hit a combined 8 home runs with the Tigers.

For a 35 year old hitting great. Well even for a 25 year old but 35 even better.

he was only a Tiger for 3.5 years. I really don't care about what he has done since he was a Tiger. He was barely a Tiger.

Back