Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another school shooting

Well theese kids have already raised over 3 million . Hopefully they can rally support in America and we can get all of these boughten politicians out of office on both sides. Weird how since 1990 the NRA has given mostly to republicans .

Vote them out !!!!!!!

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/gun-lobbying-spending-in-america-congress/

Murkins have become pretty overwhelmed and jaded over the past few decades, and IMO, it would take a closer and longer string of massacres to wake the majority up from their slumber. One or two bigly ones per season apparently isn't enough, which is why Republicans resort to using their SOP "too soon" to politicize BS so that enough time passes to the point where these horrific tragedies are no longer headliners within the M$M.

Out of sight, out of mind.

And "voting them out" is bound to fail. especially after the '10 Citizens United SCOTUS decision, making it next to impossible to run for and win a seat in Congress, absent funding from "Corporate Personhood". It was already bad enough prior to that decision, since Congressional Republicans would fight tooth (obstruction) and nail (filibuster) to prevent any significant changes in/by campaign contribution legislation.

It is pure BS that corporations are treated like individual citizens politically, but not when charged criminally. But "We The (90%) People" have been losing more and more power and strength economically, politically, and financially since the early 80s...like a frog in a pot of water put on low heat that is being slowly but continuously being turned up to a boil.

Last edited:
Murkins have become pretty overwhelmed and jaded over the past few decades, and IMO, it would take a closer and longer string of massacres to wake the majority up from their slumber. One or two bigly ones per season apparently isn't enough, which is why Republicans resort to using their SOP "too soon" to politicize BS so that enough time passes to the point where these horrific tragedies are no longer headliners within the M$M.

I'm hoping it's different this time around. Seems like we have some kids that are pretty serious about this change. And lord knows they have a lot more energy than adults to keep up a campaign.

I'm optimistic that in a year or two when these youngens are of voting age, they can finally get these dinosaurs out of office and get some real stuff happening. Starting with seriously changing some stupid ass amendment written in the 1700s to form a militia.

it's also scary how dumb Marco Rubio is... and he's a senator, not just a congressman.

And "voting them out" is bound to fail. especially after the '10 Citizens United SCOTUS decision, making it next to impossible to run for and win a seat in Congress, absent funding from "Corporate Personhood". It was already bad enough prior to that decision, since Congressional Republicans would fight tooth (obstruction) and nail (filibuster) to prevent any significant changes in/by campaign contribution legislation.

It is pure BS that corporations are treated like individual citizens politically, but not when charged criminally. But "We The (90%) People" have been losing more and more power and strength economically, politically, and financially since the early 80s...like a frog in a pot of water put on low heat that is being slowly but continuously being turned up to a boil.

Sadly you may be right .

Even IF that was true, it doesn't prove that every single attendee was expected to only ask scripted questions which CNN provided. I hardly think that only "leftists" were permitted to attend, given that FL is a red state, and at least some of the parents of the victims and survivors identify with and vote Republican.

Do you think it's odd, given Florida is a red state that the only questions posed were from gun control advocates? Not one person went after the sheriff for his agency's failures leading up to and during the event. Not one - except NRA spokesperson Dan Loesch. No way CNN stacked the deck or had anything to do with that?

I never said every single attendee was only allowed to ask scripted questions. So what if only some were? That's all it takes to expose their bias. But I do think it's possible, given the evidence and the questions asked that a lot, perhaps most or even all were scripted. Maybe not though - it's possible that students who submitted questions CNN wanted them to ask weren't given rewrites.

Last edited:
Do you think it's odd, given Florida is a red state that the only questions posed were from gun control advocates? Not one person went after the sheriff for his agency's failures leading up to and during the event. Not one - except NRA spokesperson Dan Loesch. No way CNN stacked the deck or had anything to do with that?

I never said every single attendee was only allowed to ask scripted questions. So what if only some were? That's all it takes to expose their bias. But I do think it's possible, given the evidence and the questions asked that a lot, perhaps most or even all were scripted. Maybe not though - it's possible that students who submitted questions CNN wanted them to ask weren't given rewrites.

Dan Loesch is actually "Dana" with an "a" at the end.

Like "vagina," but technically, anatomically the vagina is at the front, not the end.

Politics aside she's pretty hot.

As a centrist, I can imagine seeing her from either side.

EDIT: From either side, she makes me want to fire off my own gun.

Hey, oh, I'm here all week!

Last edited:

Not directed at you only Bob, JS..etc..

Wow Wow I used to instead of too, oh no. so I counted up 3 disdains for Infowars and at least two more that goes without saying.

That's fine, can't help it if people can't get past the gay frogs and sandy hook bad rap they get. The gay frog's stuff wasn't just something they made up. But I understand some can't look beyond media talking points and disdain for those they are told to disdain without ever having actually listened to an entire daily show in full context over edited clips and segments. Yes, the main guy is a bit crazy sometimes, most of the others there are not. But hey whatever.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

Only gun control advocate parents and their gun control advocate children?

Were you there to check on their prior convictions?

There are many in the rank and file NRA membership who are in favor of stricter gun control measures, who want assault weapons and their accessories, taken out of the hands of private citizens.

The fact is that they weren't aware at the time that now perhaps not just 1 but 4 sheriff's deputies failed to enter the school building during and/or immediately after the shootings, or they very likely would have "gone after" the sheriff.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

I never said every single attendee was only allowed to ask scripted questions. So what if only some were? That's all it takes to expose their bias. But I do think it's possible, given the evidence and the questions asked that a lot, perhaps most or even all were scripted. Ma than that everything el to ask weren't given rewrites.

Looks like the Haab family got upset when they learned that their heroic son Colton wasn't going to hogg the airtime, angrily declined the invite with a falsehood that CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question that was actually one of his own, then emailed a doctored email missing a section of it, to other media outlets in deception...lol...really...WTF?!?

Oh yeah..dear old daddy happens to be a hardline ammosexual RWNJ.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn...mily-and-cnn-shopped-around-to-media-outlets/

Colton then goes on Faux News (of course, who else?) and continued to spread the ruse. If he couldn't grab more of the prime airtime with CNN, then fib about it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Dan Loesch is actually "Dana" with an "a" at the end.

Like "vagina," but technically, anatomically the vagina is at the front, not the end.

Politics aside she's pretty hot.

As a centrist, I can imagine seeing her from either side.

EDIT: From either side, she makes me want to fire off my own gun.

Hey, oh, I'm here all week!

Loesch strikes me as being (deservedly or undeservedly) high maintenance, and fiercely sociopath, you had better not be the one to break off a short sexual relationship with her, esp. while still being married to someone else.

why is that weird? The left's disdain for the second amendment is well established.

That is patently false.

The Left has no disdain for the Second Amendment, they have a disdain for the naked greed of for-profit gun manufacturers, their mouthpiece NRA, their puppet Republicans, and how RW ammosexuals arrogantly claim what it defines and entails.

Wow Wow I used to instead of too, oh no. so I counted up 3 disdains for Infowars and at least two more that goes without saying.

That's fine, can't help it if people can't get past the gay frogs and sandy hook bad rap they get. The gay frog's stuff wasn't just something they made up. But I understand some can't look beyond media talking points and disdain for those they are told to disdain without ever having actually listened to an entire daily show in full context over edited clips and segments. Yes, the main guy is a bit crazy sometimes, most of the others there are not. But hey whatever.

The French aren't all gay; even though it seems like it.

And "frog" is kind of an out dated perjorative.

Sorry I do not read or watch anything associated with Alex Jones and do not trust anything associated with him. That guy is nothing but a rat fuck piece of shit. Sorry but he is a charlatan.

That is patently false.

The Left has no disdain for the Second Amendment, they have a disdain for the naked greed of for-profit gun manufacturers, their mouthpiece NRA, their puppet Republicans, and how RW ammosexuals arrogantly claim what it defines and entails.

Shocker. Hack wrong like always about the right to bare arms . We have nothing against lawful right to bare arms under the second Amendment. The NRA is nothing but a fundraising wing of the GOP sadly. Get rid of Citizens United would be a first step.

Sorry I do not read or watch anything associated with Alex Jones and do not trust anything associated with him. That guy is nothing but a rat fuck piece of shit. Sorry but he is a charlatan.

thanks for your opinion

This handsome specimen of a feminine is largely responsible for the cray cray that Floriduh is, and the gunsmoke stench emitting from it, that permeates other states as well. Trayvon Martin's blood is on her hands, as well as thousands more indirectly from gun violence.

"Parkland students gathered in Tallahassee earlier this week to meet with legislators and advocate for gun control measures. In a speech after the meeting, sophomore Tanzil Philip called Marion Hammer directly out by name."

"To Marion Hammer," he said, "and to everyone at the NRA and everyone affiliated at the NRA: We are not afraid of you, we will not be silenced by anything you have to say. We are here, our voices are loud, and we’re not stopping until change happens."

https://www.bustle.com/p/who-is-mar...profiled-floridas-gun-rights-champion-8308010

This she-beast is quite vengefully formidable, and I wish these youngsters good fortune in their mission to shake things up in that state. She is cold hard proof of the NRA's many tentacled control and influence over Republicans in local, state, and federal government for decades.

Last edited:
Loesch strikes me as being (deservedly or undeservedly) high maintenance, and fiercely sociopath, you had better not be the one to break off a short sexual relationship with her, esp. while still being married to someone else.

Well, Jen Anniston is back in play, anyway.

That is patently false.

it's definitely true - there are some who are calling for an outright repeal of the 2nd amendment. There's at least one gun grabber on the DNC. and please give it up about the greed of the for profit this and the for profit that - it's just a bunch of tired b.s.

it's definitely true - there are some who are calling for an outright repeal of the 2nd amendment.

There are some people calling for almost everything.

I don't know if anyone calling for such a thing understands who ostensibly impossible the task would be.

Only gun control advocate parents and their gun control advocate children?

Were you there to check on their prior convictions?

There are many in the rank and file NRA membership who are in favor of stricter gun control measures, who want assault weapons and their accessories, taken out of the hands of private citizens.

The fact is that they weren't aware at the time that now perhaps not just 1 but 4 sheriff's deputies failed to enter the school building during and/or immediately after the shootings, or they very likely would have "gone after" the sheriff.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

Looks like the Haab family got upset when they learned that their heroic son Colton wasn't going to hogg the airtime, angrily declined the invite with a falsehood that CNN wanted him to ask a scripted question that was actually one of his own, then emailed a doctored email missing a section of it, to other media outlets in deception...lol...really...WTF?!?

Oh yeah..dear old daddy happens to be a hardline ammosexual RWNJ.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn...mily-and-cnn-shopped-around-to-media-outlets/

Colton then goes on Faux News (of course, who else?) and continued to spread the ruse. If he couldn't grab more of the prime airtime with CNN, then fib about it elsewhere.

this is so dumb - did you watch the town hall? there wasn't a single question from the other side. One teacher asked the sheriff about his departments actions, but the sheriff brushed it aside and basically ignored it. The rest were all from pro-gun control advocates. I don't need to take a poll of attendees to see that - do you really think a survey is necessary to assess the bias? Also, let's see if you can guess where Broward County is...

Senate-Compare-1080x694.png

Do you think it matters that overall Florida is a red state if you have you can travel in solid blue for 100 miles in any direction from the site of the town hall?

And not only that, but CNN put the sheriff up there knowing full well about the failures of his department prior to and during the event and let him grandstand, play to his constituents and blame the NRA and Dana Loesch for his own failures and the failures of his deputies - they knew there were 4 armed deputies standing behind their cars with their guns drawn while Cruz was mowing down students inside. Not one entered the school and then they let him get away. They literally stood there and did nothing - Coral Springs police arrived on scene and were shocked that the sheriff's deputies hadn't entered yet. And CNN let him take the stage because they knew he would go after the NRA.

What I find moronic about this whole thing is literally EVERY government agency failed COMPLETELY to prevent or stop this massacre and people want to cede more authority to them, and let the people who fail us time and again further limit our ability to defend ourselves. It's idiotic. Period.

Last edited:
Back