Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

PA 4 star CB John Reid visited and we may have came away his leader. #2 player in PA. He's going to take an official visit for a night game this Fall.

Last edited:
PS 4 star CB John Reid visited and we may have came away his leader. #2 player in PA. He's going to take an official visit for a night game this Fall.

Kelly hinted that MSU is recruiting him as a wideout now, maybe it's because we are sitting pretty with Reid and just got Gaines to commit.

LJ Scott and Khari Willis are having monster years at RB. Scott with 1490 yards and 22 TDs thru 7 games, Willis with 1528 yards and 16 TDs through 7 games. Willis is shooting up in the rankings and will be a 4 star recruit before the end of the season and I think he also plays RB not LB in college. Several scouts think Willis is the best RB in the state of Michigan.

Brian Cole is on an official visit to Wisconsin today and it looks like he make take an official to E Lansing in the near future. Tennessee and Ohio State are also likely to get official visits from Cole.

RB Mike Webber is also scheduling a visit to E Lansing this Fall although I think we're set at RB we'd recruit him as an RJ Shelton type utility player.

PSu commit, DT Adam McClean is also ging to take an official to MSU. Ricky DeBerry, 5 star OLB/DE, will be here for the OSU game.

Last edited:
No "Welcome aboard Tyriq Thompson?"

Did everyone miss that tweet from Dantonio yesterday or is nobody excited by that?

LJ Scott and Khari Willis are having monster years at RB. Scott with 1490 yards and 22 TDs thru 7 games, Willis with 1528 yards and 16 TDs through 7 games. Willis is shooting up in the rankings and will be a 4 star recruit before the end of the season and I think he also plays RB not LB in college. Several scouts think Willis is the best RB in the state of Michigan.

Brian Cole is on an official visit to Wisconsin today and it looks like he make take an official to E Lansing in the near future. Tennessee and Ohio State are also likely to get official visits from Cole.

RB Mike Webber is also scheduling a visit to E Lansing this Fall although I think we're set at RB we'd recruit him as an RJ Shelton type utility player.

PSu commit, DT Adam McClean is also ging to take an official to MSU. Ricky DeBerry, 5 star OLB/DE, will be here for the OSU game.

I think Cole and Webber are going to be there for the Michigan game.

LJ scott is absolutely killing it against some of the best competition in the country. I like Willis but he's not playing great teams

we have two running backs averaging 10 yards per carry and 200 per game right now

No "Welcome aboard Tyriq Thompson?"

Did everyone miss that tweet from Dantonio yesterday or is nobody excited by that?

he committed a long time ago, the news was that he signed his big ten tender and then MD could talk about him. he's going to enroll in january now

John Kelly is a Spartan. Love this kid's speed and toughness. Will end up as a safety at MSU IMO.

Correction, it was reported Kelly committed, but he didn't yet, close though. Am hearing Weber and he will commit to MSU together at some point.

Correction, it was reported Kelly committed, but he didn't yet, close though. Am hearing Weber and he will commit to MSU together at some point.

Not that I'm upset about stealing a UM recruit, but I still don't quite understand why Weber wants to play here. We already have a higher ranked RB recruit, one who is listed as being bigger which is more in line with the power running game the team prefers. If he chooses MSU, I certainly hope the best for him.

Weber is taking official visit to MSU, USC, Miami, and Ohio State. He is no longer an UM commit.

Lol at higher ranked from the guy above. Rivals Rankings mean nothing to this staff. Weber is being offered as an athlete, but who knows, if he's the best RB here he will play. Coach D isn't going to say, well Scott is ranked higher so.

Last edited:
Ohio 4 star safety Tyree Kinnell may be schedulin a visit to MSU in the next few weeks.

Kelly seems like a kid that lives being courted.

Weber is taking official visit to MSU, USC, Miami, and Ohio State. He is no longer an UM commit.

Lol at higher ranked from the guy above. Rivals Rankings mean nothing to this staff. Weber is being offered as an athlete, but who knows, if he's the best RB here he will play. Coach D isn't going to say, well Scott is ranked higher so.

It's not about the coaching staff, it's about the kid. Do you really think these kids don't have access to Rivals, ESPN, Scouts Inc, or whatever? With non-agent agents all over the place, every little ranking and every second of play time becomes magnified. A lot of these kids are looking at college as just a pipeline to the pros (even if that's stupid). If a team already has a player at the position you want to play, one that is rated higher, it's going to matter to your decision.

I don't know anything about Weber as a person, but I'm not naive enough to think that these recruit ranking sites don't have an effect on the recruits.

A long-time MSU target, Weber told Spartan Tailgate he is ?Most definitely? considering Michigan State now, as well as Ohio State and others.

?The main part is I like winning and didn?t think Michigan could get the job done,? said Weber.

Back