Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We should be sellers

Let's just lower the bar and shoot for the wild card only 2.5 back of the wild card! Just get in then anything can happen! Go tigers

Let's just lower the bar and shoot for the wild card only 2.5 back of the wild card! Just get in then anything can happen! Go tigers

And one of 4 teams 2.5 back. Of the top 11 teams (including these 4), only the Yankees have a worse run differential than the Tigers.

I get wanting to remain positive, but there has to be a lot to go right for the Tigers to make the playoffs.

And one of 4 teams 2.5 back. Of the top 11 teams (including these 4), only the Yankees have a worse run differential than the Tigers.

I get wanting to remain positive, but there has to be a lot to go right for the Tigers to make the playoffs.

Like not play Cleveland anymore. 9 games over .500 against everyone else lol

results against the indians shouldn't be too surprising when one team leads the AL in ERA and the other is 14th

I guess I don't understand all the hatred. As far as the recent Tigers' organization goes .500 isn't all that bad. I remember '94 to '05. That's bad baseball. A few moments a go we were in contention. When did we become the Yankees fan base..

I guess I don't understand all the hatred. As far as the recent Tigers' organization goes .500 isn't all that bad. I remember '94 to '05. That's bad baseball. A few moments a go we were in contention. When did we become the Yankees fan base..

At least the Yankees have 5 titles in the past 20 years. Maybe Tigers fans have more of a right to bitch than a Yankee fan.

At least the Yankees have 5 titles in the past 20 years. Maybe Tigers fans have more of a right to bitch than a Yankee fan.

The Tigers' are one of the best AL teams the last ten years. No title wins but many playoffs (including division titles) and 2 WS appearances. I guess I don't see that so bad.

And the Yankee reference was more because Yankees winning titles and have one bad year they complain. Would you rather be a Cubs fan? Sure they have a good team but as a fan their memories are of failure. They don't have memories of Gibby's home run or Magglio's home run. That'll hold me over.

Well it's either that or I just stop watching all togeather and I always seem to have a hard time doing that no matter how hard I try so what else is there?

I have a feeling many of this fan base wouldn't even be happy with a WS. They'd still find something to complain about.

I'm with you, I remember the lean years.

I'm with you Mitch. I badly wanted a title but I refuse to be so negative. Lots of good memories last ten years

I am disappointed we didn't do more and not thrilled with having to "rebuild". I do have excitement for any true home grown talent and am looking forward to Stewart.

Last edited:
There is not one fan on this board that wants to go back to 1995 to 2004 but it's ok to be frustrated that we could not finish in 2006 and or 2012 and 2013. The team has been so darn close you would think we could break through. I am still hoping for a miracle but don't begrudge anyone who is still pissed that we didn't finish at least on title off.

I have a feeling many of this fan base wouldn't even be happy with a WS. They'd still find something to complain about.

I'm with you, I remember the lean years.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic about the World Series comment, but just because I remember the lean years, doesn't mean I'm going to embrace mediocrity.

Then again, I'm still a season ticket holder so I guess technically I am.

The thing I don't like about this team is that there is no sense of urgency. I would think someone or as a group would get mad about how they are playing. They seem to have way too much fun when they're losing. That's how I see it. I watch other teams that show way more intensity and play hard.

The thing I don't like about this team is that there is no sense of urgency. I would think someone or as a group would get mad about how they are playing. They seem to have way too much fun when they're losing. That's how I see it. I watch other teams that show way more intensity and play hard.

Yup I agree with you to totally !!!

The Tigers tried and failed method of building a potential WS championship team has been to stack the middle of the lineups with mostly free-swinging power-hitters who are expensive and slow on the basepaths. But they have ignored obtaining a true leadoff hitter, and stocked the bottom third and the bench with players being a "complementary" black-hole of suck.

They also have stacked their starting rotations with expensive mostly flame-throwing RHers, while skimping on the BP, with the exception of setup and closer. This season's rotation, however, is beginning to alarmingly resemble that which they trotted out in '08.

Albert Einstein once wisely said, that the definition of insanity is trying the same experiment over and over again, and expecting different results.

The Tigers attempted to become a "speed" team. They got Kinsler, Jackson and Rajai and we were suppose to stop being a station to station team. Issue is/was, they don't want to run and take the bat out of Miggy or Victor's hands. The team is Righthanded hitting dominant and cannot make the opposing pitcher to labor, because they have no idea to grind out an AB when a pitcher is on. The team makes tons of defensive mental mistakes (i.e. over throwing the cutoff man). They are the worst team in baseball over the last 3-5 years at getting thrown out advancing and baserunning in general. The team (ala Ausmus) leads all of baseball for Blown Quality Starts. The pitchers as a whole tend to groove 0-2 pitches right down the pike.

I can handle losing and if they were just getting beat by a better team. But they aren't. They are beating themselves and that irritates me. I cannot stand watching poorly executed baseball. That is on the manager and coaches, first and foremost. But next, I doubt we have a serious leader in the clubhouse. Everyone wants to say Victor, but what exactly has he done? From the fan perspective, it doesn't appear the players are policing themselves. And I cannot stand the "beer google" sign, especially when you are a .500 team.

I used to love watching Sheffield when he got on first base. He would then take a lead, with his body bent so that his hands were a foot or so off of the ground. He would rock back and forth while tapping his left foot, and driving the pitcher to distraction, daring him to try picking him off. Doing this increased the chances of a pitchout, a balk, or a wild throw to first.

"Mayor" Sean Casey (who kept the Tigers' clubhouse loose) used to step out of the batter's box after every pitch to re-tighten his batting gloves and take a practice swing, even if he didn't take a cut at it. While I don't expect that this team can be as distracting or delaying to a pitcher when on offense as these two were, why they can't make the pitchers labor more to get out of an inning is perplexing to me. Why not square to bunt on a pitch or two once in a while, to draw the infield in? Why not step out of the batter's box and/or foul off a couple, when a pitcher has gotten the first and/or second batters ahead of them out on just a few pitches?

Last edited:
There is not one fan on this board that wants to go back to 1995 to 2004 but it's ok to be frustrated that we could not finish in 2006 and or 2012 and 2013. The team has been so darn close you would think we could break through. I am still hoping for a miracle but don't begrudge anyone who is still pissed that we didn't finish at least on title off.

Literally within this thread people are calling to blow it up. That will set us back four years easy

Back