Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Good Read on Peppers & Brown's D

"In his first year at Michigan, Harbaugh was lucky to inherit a loaded defensive roster..."

sigh.

so now our roster was loaded, but in the Summer of 2015 the narrative was Harbaugh needed a couple seasons to recruit, build program, etc etc.

To be fair, we knew the D needed to carry the team last summer. Outside of Butt, the skill positions on offense did not look great. QB, RB, and WR were all question marks.

"In his first year at Michigan, Harbaugh was lucky to inherit a loaded defensive roster..."

sigh.

so now our roster was loaded, but in the Summer of 2015 the narrative was Harbaugh needed a couple seasons to recruit, build program, etc etc.

I don't believe that was the narrative. Nobody thought Michigan lacked talent other than at QB. I do recall explanations about how it will take a couple years for the o-line to learn all the reading and pre-snap shifting Harbaugh likes to do.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just surprised they'd use such a strong word to describe talent on our team, even on defense.

they do give mattison credit in the same sentence, but "loaded" seems to imply talent played the larger part in success. I think it was coaching... then talent.

the rest of the article is good, I just did a double take at that line.

I'm excited for football season!

I think Hoke did well to try and fix what Rodriguez did to the defense and helped bring depth back to the roster. But I don't think anybody was expecting the dominating defense we got in year one last year.

I can't wait for this season's defense!

Back