Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Illegal Streaming Site Links - Please Read

Mike

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that we can't allow the posting of links of illegal streaming websites in the forum. I know it isn't done often, but we really need to wipe it out completely. I've received warnings from Google and our webhost.. they're really cracking down on stuff like this.

So please keep it off the forum and make sure nothing like this is posted in the future. Hope you all understand why.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! :cheers:

My guess is anything labeled as "free".

I'm not entirely surprised that this is happening, I was going to mention something as soon as that stream thread went up, but I figured I would wait and see. As much as we all enjoy watching our teams when the local cable doesn't carry the game, posting links isn't exactly going to bring positive attention to this board. I, and I'm sure many others, would hate to see this place shut down.

My guess is anything labeled as "free".

I'm not entirely surprised that this is happening, I was going to mention something as soon as that stream thread went up, but I figured I would wait and see. As much as we all enjoy watching our teams when the local cable doesn't carry the game, posting links isn't exactly going to bring positive attention to this board. I, and I'm sure many others, would hate to see this place shut down.

I can see if it's causing a problem for people or this site, obviously just remove the links. It was just the term 'illegal' that got me.

The law is still pretty iffy on what constitutes fair use and copyright infringement when it comes to the internet.

I can see if it's causing a problem for people or this site, obviously just remove the links. It was just the term 'illegal' that got me.

The law is still pretty iffy on what constitutes fair use and copyright infringement when it comes to the internet.

I don't know the legality myself. I do know that such links weren't allowed back at ESPN and several of these streaming sites are constantly being shut down, having to pop up with a new domain. There's a good chance these wealthy, powerful organizations have a hand in this....and if Google blacklists you, that's pretty much it.

With that said, I'd like to call out the NFL on their bullshit broadcasting rules...

- Why is GamePass (NFL.com game streaming) not available in the US?
- If your local team is blacked out, you either have to go to the game or you aren't watching it
- Why is Sunday Ticket only available for DirectTV?

Simply put, if you don't live near your favorite team, don't have DirectTV, and you aren't lucky enough to have your local FOX or CBS affiliate broadcasting the game, the NFL is basically giving you the giant middle finger. You either have to go to a bar/restaurant, know somebody who has Sunday Ticket, or you have to use one of these streaming sites.

Back in college, I would've gladly paid a few bucks to watch the Lions live streaming on NFL.com, but I was stuck watching shitty streams that randomly cut out.

Money talks, is the reason for Direct TV only having the package. It sucks too. I rather not have to pay $360 out of market for Detroit games.

and several of these streaming sites are constantly being shut down, having to pop up with a new domain.

Well primewire.ag has changed domains a couple time in the last few years, but not from being shut down, they keep getting ghost hacked, a rival site will hack their server and redirect incoming queries to a page that looks (almost) the same saying the name is changed to [insert name] yet most of the link are broken. This is done I guess for the ad-counter revenues.

I think they mostly get away with streaming the content they do because it's free, if they tried to profit from it, (other than ad revenues) it would be shut down fast.

Well primewire.ag has changed domains a couple time in the last few years, but not from being shut down, they keep getting ghost hacked, a rival site will hack their server and redirect incoming queries to a page that looks (almost) the same saying the name is changed to [insert name] yet most of the link are broken. This is done I guess for the ad-counter revenues.

I think they mostly get away with streaming the content they do because it's free, if they tried to profit from it, (other than ad revenues) it would be shut down fast.

You can't get it free anywhere else. You either get it from cable or a dish which includes Direct TV. So for those people they're paying for it. I have no doubt the NFL cares about whether people are getting their product for free. There is a reason why stuff like that is no more on Justin TV.

You can't get it free anywhere else. You either get it from cable or a dish which includes Direct TV. So for those people they're paying for it. I have no doubt the NFL cares about whether people are getting their product for free. There is a reason why stuff like that is no more on Justin TV.

Okay but I wasn't talking about the NFL or Directv or anything like that.

People were talking football and you responded. I just assumed you were because you didn't really specify.

People were talking football and you responded. I just assumed you were because you didn't really specify.

It really doesn't matter for the sport. If a league offers a paid subscription service to watch events, I have no doubt they'll do everything in their power to shut down streams.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1202/120202indianapolis.htm

"Website seizures
Furthering HSI efforts to combat counterfeiting and piracy online, special agents seized a total of 307 websites. Sixteen of the sites illegally streamed live sporting telecasts over the Internet, including NFL games. Two hundred ninety-one website domain names were illegally selling and distributing counterfeit merchandise.

Additionally, Yonjo Quiroa, 28, of Comstock Park, Mich., was arrested Wednesday by special agents with HSI. He is charged with one count of criminal infringement of a copyright related to his operation of websites that illegally streamed live sporting event telecasts and pay-per-view events over the Internet. Quiroa operated nine of the 16 streaming websites that were seized, and he operated them from his home in Michigan until yesterday's arrest.

The website seizures during Operation Fake Sweep represent the 10th phase of Operation In Our Sites, a sustained law enforcement initiative targeting counterfeiting and piracy on the Internet. The 307 websites are in the process of being seized by law enforcement, and will soon be in the custody of the federal government. Visitors to these websites will then find a seizure banner that notifies them that the domain name has been seized by federal authorities and educates them that willful copyright infringement is a federal crime.

American business is threatened by those who pirate copyrighted material and produce counterfeit trademarked goods. Criminals are attempting to steal American ideas and products and sell them over the Internet, in flea markets, in legitimate retail outlets and elsewhere. Intellectual property (IP) thieves undermine the U.S. economy and jeopardize public safety. American jobs are being lost, American innovation is being diluted ?€“ and organized criminal enterprises are profiting from their increasing involvement in IP theft.

Since the launch of Operation In Our Sites in June 2010, the HSI-led National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) has seized a total of 669 domain names."

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter for the sport. If a league offers a paid subscription service to watch events, I have no doubt they'll do everything in their power to shut down streams.

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1202/120202indianapolis.htm

"Website seizures
Furthering HSI efforts to combat counterfeiting and piracy online, special agents seized a total of 307 websites. Sixteen of the sites illegally streamed live sporting telecasts over the Internet, including NFL games. Two hundred ninety-one website domain names were illegally selling and distributing counterfeit merchandise.

Additionally, Yonjo Quiroa, 28, of Comstock Park, Mich., was arrested Wednesday by special agents with HSI. He is charged with one count of criminal infringement of a copyright related to his operation of websites that illegally streamed live sporting event telecasts and pay-per-view events over the Internet. Quiroa operated nine of the 16 streaming websites that were seized, and he operated them from his home in Michigan until yesterday's arrest.

The website seizures during Operation Fake Sweep represent the 10th phase of Operation In Our Sites, a sustained law enforcement initiative targeting counterfeiting and piracy on the Internet. The 307 websites are in the process of being seized by law enforcement, and will soon be in the custody of the federal government. Visitors to these websites will then find a seizure banner that notifies them that the domain name has been seized by federal authorities and educates them that willful copyright infringement is a federal crime.

American business is threatened by those who pirate copyrighted material and produce counterfeit trademarked goods. Criminals are attempting to steal American ideas and products and sell them over the Internet, in flea markets, in legitimate retail outlets and elsewhere. Intellectual property (IP) thieves undermine the U.S. economy and jeopardize public safety. American jobs are being lost, American innovation is being diluted – and organized criminal enterprises are profiting from their increasing involvement in IP theft.

Since the launch of Operation In Our Sites in June 2010, the HSI-led National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) has seized a total of 669 domain names."

Ouch. I wonder if they arrest this guy if it was just illegal streaming. I just always remember those people just got shut down and nothing more. But selling fake shit, off the NFL name is big stuff.

The majority of the streaming sites I have come across are from overseas, and in many cases from places that are not going to do anything about the streaming.

primewire.ag is a domain in Barbuda and Antigua. I believe vipbox is hosted similarly.

Well in my post I mentioned primewire.ag which I assumed you knew about, and is a movie/tv/music streaming site. No sports except for people put up ppv mma and wwe stuff.

Well in my post I mentioned primewire.ag which I assumed you knew about, and is a movie/tv/music streaming site. No sports except for people put up ppv mma and wwe stuff.

No i don't. Sorry.

Back