Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Alan Thicke

No biggie. I really didn't watch those family shows at that time very much because I was a young adult going out to the bars and trying to pick up women.

I did like family ties though, Michael J Fox was hilarious as Alex Keaton. Also Alex and the Justine Bateman character where I think older teenagers when the show started and were young adults when it ended so it wasn't so much television for little kids as those other shows were.

I really did like Alan Thicke when he parodied himself on episodes of how I Met your mother, as you saw I posted links to some of the better cameo clips.

Tina Yothers was the Family Ties cast member we children of the 80's were supposed to relate to (BLECH!)

No biggie. I really didn't watch those family shows at that time very much because I was a young adult going out to the bars and trying to pick up women.

I did like family ties though, Michael J Fox was hilarious as Alex Keaton. Also Alex and the Justine Bateman character where I think older teenagers when the show started and were young adults when it ended so it wasn't so much television for little kids as those other shows were.

I really did like Alan Thicke when he parodied himself on episodes of how I Met your mother, as you saw I posted links to some of the better cameo clips.

Same here. I never watched his tv shows, but do remember the How I met your Mother episodes you posted about the beavers.
Alan Thicke was a good guy, rip.

Back