Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from Trump-Russia probe

IgD1L.gif

I'm curious how much support this really has:
Many of Gaetz's Republican colleagues, however, have previously expressed support for Mueller and his investigation. Senate Republicans have even introduced bills to create a barrier between Trump and Mueller in the event the president attempts to fire him.

Why does Trump think the GOP - other than boneheads like Gaetz and Gohmert - will tangle with the FBI and Mueller just to keep his stupid & corrupt-as-hell kids out of jail?

Has anybody else noticed that Don Jr, Erik, and Ivanka & Jared seemed to really drop out of the headlines at some point this year? I remember the latter two especially were going to events around the globe. they realized - or more likely got tipped - that they were on the menu, and decided a low profile was in their best interests.

maybe the GOP/establishment figures they don't want to go after him directly, but if his kids are facing serious charges, they can get him to voluntarily resign, avoiding the scandal and fallout of an actual impeachment proceeding?

I still think Pence is the GOP ideal. Not the populist "MAGA" crowd ideal, but the Koch Bros Republicans ideal. The goal is to put him in office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...while Drumpf is the animal equivalent of a bellowing bull-elephant, Pence is a hissing/spitting cobra, and would be hailed by the Fundievangelical voting faction and Tea Party Republicans. The alt-right/MAGA/ammosexual factions would be very upset or enraged.

I don't follow Drumpf's tweeting trio of spoiled brats, but they were pretty active on Twitter earlier this year.

Stephen Miller has pretty much flown under the radar since ~ a year ago, and I don't know how he ever went from relative obscurity, to being a member of Drumpf's inner-circle. Very odd.

If some Dems were pressing to remove Mueller, while HRC or Sanders was in office, then Repubs would be going fucking ballistic.

Last edited:
Back