Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 8: Lions @ Packers *Monday Night* Thread

Why does everything have to have a negative spin with you?! Lol. That game was loaded with highlights!!! This isn't a Madden video game ffs.....lol.

It's sad dude lol. Our starting rb is averaging like 2.5 yards per carry the last 5 games and our "highlight reel" is him running for 5 yards lmao. Hilarious really. Do you know how long KCs super slow mo highlights would take of they showed all of hunts 5 yard carries?

I can relate to the Hughes multi-decade years of disappointment will turn most into cynics. The only cure for this is to stop disappointing us. Just win, winning solves all the negativity. Case in point, The Lions just beat the Packers for only the second time in 25 years at lambo, as a result, there is much less complaining this week. that's how it works.

Win :nod:
Lose :argh:

it's not rocket science.

Now if they go and do something unexpected next week and lose to the Browns, Katy Bar the 'fn doors!

But Huges is correct the running game does in fact suck, I would highly recommend finding a replacement for #21 in next years draft. Preferably someone who can run someone over once in a while. #21 isn't that impressive. fumbles too much, not a north and south guy and fails to get to the corner more often than not. waste of time. And yes the O-line still needs a lot of improvement as well

Last edited:
It's sad dude lol. Our starting rb is averaging like 2.5 yards per carry the last 5 games and our "highlight reel" is him running for 5 yards lmao. Hilarious really. Do you know how long KCs super slow mo highlights would take of they showed all of hunts 5 yard carries?

I guess it is kinda funny lol

I can relate to the Hughes multi-decade years of disappointment will turn most into cynics. The only cure for this is to stop disappointing us. Just win, winning solves all the negativity. Case in point, The Lions just beat the Packers for only the second time in 25 years at lambo, as a result, there is much less complaining this week. that's how it works.

Win :nod:
Lose :argh:

it's not rocket science.

Now if they go and do something unexpected next week and lose to the Browns, Katy Bar the 'fn doors!

But Huges is correct the running game does in fact suck, I would highly recommend finding a replacement for #21 in next years draft. Preferably someone who can run someone over once in a while. #21 isn't that impressive. fumbles too much, not a north and south guy and fails to get to the corner more often than not. waste of time. And yes the O-line still needs a lot of improvement as well

That's why I'm on a RB in the 1st rd. Go get that horse!! Look at the Rams and the Eagles. Awesome running game. Dallas too. You get that horse and your offense all of a sudden becomes more dangerous than it already is. Imagine Stafford with a fkn dangerous running game? They'd put up massive points. We don't because nobody and I mean nobody fears our RBs. They know our bread and butter is the passing game...

That's why I'm on a RB in the 1st rd. Go get that horse!! Look at the Rams and the Eagles. Awesome running game. Dallas too. You get that horse and your offense all of a sudden becomes more dangerous than it already is. Imagine Stafford with a fkn dangerous running game? They'd put up massive points. We don't because nobody and I mean nobody fears our RBs. They know our bread and butter is the passing game...

De in 1st for me.

Im torn between rb or wr in rd2. Equanimous st brown at wr or harris/Guice at rb in rd 2.

De in 1st for me.

Im torn between rb or wr in rd2. Equanimous st brown at wr or harris/Guice at rb in rd 2.

Won't argue, bro. I'm ok with a DE as well but this team is sorely missing a RB. They get a Guice tho? Ooooweee..I likey!

I think we can all admit now that Abdullah just isn't going to be any good. He doesn't do any one thing at an elite level to be a quality back. He doesn't have breakaway speed, he doesn't break tackles, his vision seems to be less than stellar. I don't really know what he does well.

I know this franchise is horrible, I get it. But the fact that they haven't stumbled on or drafted a good RB since Barry is ridiculous.

I think we can all admit now that Abdullah just isn't going to be any good. He doesn't do any one thing at an elite level to be a quality back. He doesn't have breakaway speed, he doesn't break tackles, his vision seems to be less than stellar. I don't really know what he does well.

I know this franchise is horrible, I get it. But the fact that they haven't stumbled on or drafted a good RB since Barry is ridiculous.

Kevin Jones was legit. Just couldn't stay healthy.

Yeah he looked to be a pretty good one. But isn't that crazy, that was back in 2004!!

Here is a quote from AA:
“Just a turn of events that happens sometimes,” he said. “You would understand it more if you played the game. But from the outside perspective it seems like, ‘What’s happening?’ It’s like, nah, man, things just happen. It’s how you come back and continue to grow from it. It’s not the world’s ending. We’ve got eight games left.”

I don't know if its a generational thing, but it seems like the younger players just don't really care. Both him an Ebron have dropped the "you don't play the game so your opinion doesn't hold value card." It's like they don't care, things happen and you can't do much to control it seems to be their attitude.

Sorry AA, you can control not losing a football.

Here is a quote from AA:
?Just a turn of events that happens sometimes,? he said. ?You would understand it more if you played the game. But from the outside perspective it seems like, ?What?s happening?? It?s like, nah, man, things just happen. It?s how you come back and continue to grow from it. It?s not the world?s ending. We?ve got eight games left.?

I don't know if its a generational thing, but it seems like the younger players just don't really care. Both him an Ebron have dropped the "you don't play the game so your opinion doesn't hold value card." It's like they don't care, things happen and you can't do much to control it seems to be their attitude.

The first one was a pile and they should have blown the whistle earlier

Second one was him but Wagner finally got us a recovery. We were losing 100 percent of fumbles before that

Here is a quote from AA:
?Just a turn of events that happens sometimes,? he said. ?You would understand it more if you played the game. But from the outside perspective it seems like, ?What?s happening?? It?s like, nah, man, things just happen. It?s how you come back and continue to grow from it. It?s not the world?s ending. We?ve got eight games left.?

You can't always control it. There are guys who fumble and guys that don't. Ya, you can work on your ball skills, hold onto the football tighter, ball placement etc etc etc but if you're a fumbler you're a fumbler...plain and simpler. There were guys like Tiki Barber back in the day who solved his own fumbling issues by keeping the ball high but it's rare. It's almost a mental thing. Trust me, I played RB when I was young. I remember one particular game where I coughed the ball up like 3 times in a game lol. It was literally in my head that I could not hold onto the football and I was not a fumbler. I could count on one hand how many times I lost the rock. I don't know if it's an "I don't care" issue with Abdullah and he doesn't seem like that type of player but you really do need to move on from it because it is mental...

Back