Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

B10 Championship

They beat Auburn in 2015 and LSU in 2016. They are SEC strong in some respects. They just fall short on the big stage. And you forgot Championship game against Duke.

Sorry thought I added that one. Not to mention prior to 2014 they choked every year in the NCAA tourney to double digit seeds (Cornell, UNLV, ole miss, etc)

No team that gets crushed twice should get in, and the Conference titles are meaningless to me because of unbalanced schedules that allow teams like Wisconsin free reign in their division. I hope osu gets left out .I want the big ten gets pissed. Either way I will try not to watch any of the games until the 4th quarter. I mean other then maybe Georgia do we really want to see Clemson, Bama, osu, or Oklahoma. Talk about boring .

Last edited:
Well, what's funny is that Delaney was already campaigning for OSU even before their win, like he knew they would win. Dude is true classless piece of shit. Making all kinds of excuses before the actual event.

It is strange how many calls they get late in games when the game is on the line.

Last edited:
No team that gets crushed twice should get in, and the Conference titles are meaningless to me because of unbalanced schedules that allow teams like Wisconsin free reign in their division. I hope osu gets left out .I want the big ten gets pissed. Either way I will try not to watch any of the games until the 4th quarter. I mean other then maybe Georgia do we really want to see Clemson, Bama, osu, or Oklahoma. Talk about boring .

Wow.

How will the B1G/The Selection Committee/Madison Avenue and the Mad Men all respond to this declaration of independence?

What is especially compelling is the pledge "I will try not to watch...."

That is some Gary Cooper The Fountainhead commitment ass shit right there...

Last edited:
Also osu squeaked out last two wins vs weak qbs at end of game
(Even had a buckeye fan mention that)

Let bama go. Let osu fans cry

Last edited:
Also osu squeaked out last two wins vs weak qbs at end of game
(Even had a buckeye fan mention that)

Let bama go. Let osu fans cry

Say it out loud, MichLady...

say "Fuck Ohio State!!! And fuck those animals who root for that team too!!!"

Well, what's funny is that Delaney was already campaigning for OSU even before their win, like he knew they would win. Dude is true classless piece of shit. Making all kinds of excuses before the actual event.

It is strange how many calls they get late in games when the game is on the line.

Guy is a fucking tool. Ive had MSU people criticize me when I told them I boo him lustily every time I?m in Indy for the title game, not sure why anyone wouldn?t boo that guy (unless you?re a PSU, Nebraska, Rutgers or Maryland fan since none of those teams should even be in the conference).

Sure am glad that this system ended all the controversy about the national champion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure am glad that this system ended all the controversy about the national champion.

College football has the worst postseason in all of sports. Bowl games used to be awesome because there weren't that many. It was an actual achievement to make a bowl game. Now you just have to go 6-6 or even 5-7 in some cases. It's a joke.

College football needs a makeover. The power 5 conferences need to break off from everyone else and do their own thing. Make a real playoff like the FCS. They have a 24 team playoff, which I don't believe is necessary. Play a 10 game regular season and have a 16 team playoff.

Sadly, this will never happen because schools care more about making money off of home games than having a legitimate postseason.

Last edited:
College football has the worst postseason in all of sports. Bowl games used to be awesome because there weren't that many. It was an actual achievement to make a bowl game. Now you just have to go 6-6 or even 5-7 in some cases. It's a joke.

College football needs a makeover. The power 5 conferences need to break off from everyone else and do their own thing. Make a real playoff like the FCS. They have a 24 team playoff, which I don't believe is necessary. Play a 10 game regular season and have a 16 team playoff.

Sadly, this will never happen because schools care more about making money off of home games than having a legitimate postseason.

Dude, it could so easily go from where it is now to simply an eight team playoff - five conference champions and three at large qualifiers. Throw the committee out and do at large qualifiers and conference champion seedings by the old BCS formula - people only started to hate the formula when it actually did what it was put in place to do in 2003.

I like college football's post season because it's different. College football has the best regular season of any sport and it isn't even close.

I do think that the power 5 should break off from the rest but I don't how that would impact leagues like the MAC and others.

Dude, it could so easily go from where it is now to simply an eight team playoff - five conference champions and three at large qualifiers. Throw the committee out and do at large qualifiers and conference champion seedings by the old BCS formula - people only started to hate the formula when it actually did what it was put in place to do in 2003.

I'd be fine with that as well. Four teams was never enough and I've said that from day one. It's just the plus one system the BCS floated about 5-6 years ago.

Get a real playoff and it will be awesome.

College football has the worst postseason in all of sports. Bowl games used to be awesome because there weren't that many. It was an actual achievement to make a bowl game. Now you just have to go 6-6 or even 5-7 in some cases. It's a joke.[/qoute]

The Head & Shoulders Dandruff Bowl and the Spacely Sprockets Vice President You?re Fired Bowl are classics.

Ten games will mean that teams 17-24 will howl like mad when they are snubbed.

College football has the worst postseason in all of sports. Bowl games used to be awesome because there weren't that many. It was an actual achievement to make a bowl game. Now you just have to go 6-6 or even 5-7 in some cases. It's a joke.[/qoute]

The Head & Shoulders Dandruff Bowl and the Spacely Sprockets Vice President You?re Fired Bowl are classics.

Ten games will mean that teams 17-24 will howl like mad when they are snubbed.

They can do that. No one will care about the 17th ranked team whining.

8 team playoff:

Clemson ACC Champ
Oklahoma big12 champ
Georgia SEC champ
OSU B1G champ
USC pac12 champ
UCF top team from non-power 5 autobid
Alabama highest ranking not autobid...at large selection
Wisconsin next highest ranked not autobid, at large selection

run it

Just went strictly by the final playoff rankings. I don't see how anyone else could whine about not getting in. This would be a great playoff.

I think quite a few care. In my personal experience, everyone I talk to thinks four teams is not enough and they at least need eight.

Yep. I care. I'm a UM fan and I think OSU got jobbed. I think it's funny that they didn't make it, but I still believe they do deserve it. They have much better wins than does Alabama. Sure, we all think Alabama is the better team, but so what?

Don't walk out of your home with a loaded fire arm.

Nothing good could come of that tonight.

well, if he's gonna walk out of his house with a firearm, it should probably be loaded considering the outcome (for him) will likely be worse if it's not.

Back