Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5 games out on 7-19 , can we win it ??

nsonnett14

Indians about to lose , leaves us 5 back . Def within striking distance but this damn team has done this to us many times . What ya think ??

Probably not.

Way too many division rivals ahead of the Tigers that can't both lose when they play each other.

DET is still the 2nd team in the AL Central "on paper". JD has already been dealt. Others will be before the deadline, minimizing their chances.

According to my quackulations we have 70 games left and as it stands 35 against above .500 teams and 35 against below .500.

We are:

10-10 vs AL EAST
22-16 vs AL CENTRAL
7-17 vs AL WEST
4-6 vs NL

Gotta keep beating our division as well as improve outside of it. Chances are slim but that's why they play 162.

13 left vs AL EAST
9 left vs AL WEST
38 left AL CENTRAL
10 left vs NL

Last edited:
slim to none. The Tigers still have shitty pitching. #13 in the AL with a team ERA of 4.87.

1.6% chance to win division according to Fangraphs. WC% is 6. Not promising.

Yes, Win the next 5. Will be in 2nd place, well with in striking range of 1st place. Tigers last seven game pitching staff 25 runs for an average of 3.57. Keep that up and wins will come more often than loses. Last 4 game offense has scored 36 runs keep that up and Division is won. unsustainable but wishful

Do we have a chance, no. If we get lucky do we still have a chance, no. Wild card no way, too many teams to pass. TIGERS, imo, won't be better than .500. And I don't see a sub .500 winning the division. But it is a shit division.

Yes, Win the next 5. Will be in 2nd place, well with in striking range of 1st place. Tigers last seven game pitching staff 25 runs for an average of 3.57. Keep that up and wins will come more often than loses. Last 4 game offense has scored 36 runs keep that up and Division is won. unsustainable but wishful

So, what you're saying is...rather than starting to lose again, just continue winning, instead...

...rather than going back to giving up more runs, and scoring less runs, continue giving up the less runs, and scoring more runs, instead…

...is that what I'm picking up on here?

Last edited:
Do we have a chance, no. If we get lucky do we still have a chance, no. Wild card no way, too many teams to pass. TIGERS, imo, won't be better than .500. And I don't see a sub .500 winning the division. But it is a shit division.

Well and here is really the bigger question I think everyone would agree on, If by some miracle the tigers find away to yet make the post season does anyone really believe they will do anything in the post season against far Superior teams? hell no!

So by the end of the day the original question is for this thread is thereby MOOT

lol

Well and here is really the bigger question I think everyone would agree on, If by some miracle the tigers find away to yet make the post season does anyone really believe they will do anything in the post season against far Superior teams? hell no!

So by the end of the day the original question is for this thread is thereby MOOT

lol

Doesn't matter. Getting to the playoffs is always better than not being there. Especially if we're selling.

Al Avila is another f'n gimp. Can't wait to see the prospects in returns for trading his son, J. Wilson, or any other current Tigers.

If they make the playoffs, it would be with players not as good as who was with the team before the Shithook Avila made his trades.

If there is any validity to Chris Ilitch telling Avila to sell everyone off, which would bring the team back to those dark years of very little talent, I would hope that Ilitch would just sell the team to a man or group who has the best interest of a winning franchise at heart.

Who's the moron that started ths thread ??

It was nice to see some optimism in this depressing season.

But we all blame you for the recent results. Because message boards clearly affect on field results. (Sarcasm font off)

Back