Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

vs Iowa

Run on 3rd and 8 with 2 minutes left???

That says "here Iowa, please take another shot at beating us please"

we are still an incredibly undisciplined football team and that's a direct reflection of Dantonio. This shit should not still be happening.

It's a win, but feels like a loss to me. I'm just sick of the stupid penalties and the horrible play calling on offense.

D looked good at least

Baby steps. Our defense is really good. Iowa has a good defense too, but I thought Lewerke had all day to throw. We got too conservative and couldn't put them away on O.

Defense is for real. Bachie is going to be great. The DTs dominate the line of scrimmage. Corners are plus players and the safeties are improving and played well today. Cooper had a great game today and we need an edge rusher like him to pressure the QB.

Offense has great WRs. O Line is too young to run block well, but they are elite at pass pro. Lewerke did fantastic when he read through his progressions. Good game from him. With this O line we're a pass first team.

Win is a win. I actually thought we'd lose going into the game so I'm pleased. Defense looked great, run game minus Lewerke is absolutely abysmal, Michigan will absolutely own our RBs next week. That 3rd and 12 run by Lewerke to essentially seal it was phenomenal.

I don't agree with Warner calling a good game in the first half. After the scripted first drive the offense stunk. We are too predictable and there is no imagination. We need new blood.

Iowa is a really good defense? You're telling me that the team that gave up 579 yards to PSU and 467 yards(and 41 pts) to ISU is a really good defense?

Also of note, North Texas had more yards against Iowa than we did.

After the game Warner said that Iowa started loading the box with more guys to force MSU to throw more in the 2nd half. So naturally, Warner just kept calling running plays into the stuffed line of scrimmage anyways. Seriously, what the fuck is this guy still calling plays for?????

I don't agree with Warner calling a good game in the first half. After the scripted first drive the offense stunk. We are too predictable and there is no imagination. We need new blood.

Iowa is a really good defense? You're telling me that the team that gave up 579 yards to PSU and 467 yards(and 41 pts) to ISU is a really good defense?

Also of note, North Texas had more yards against Iowa than we did.

well, in the pregame Matt Leinart did say Iowa has a really good front four.
Maybe that's where he got that from. I challenge the "elite" ranking for our pass blocking - especially since it's much harder than run blocking. Also, I wouldn't say our corners are plus players, whatever that means. I'm waiting until we play a good passing offense like PSU before declaring our biggest defensive weakness in the last 2 years is now a strength.

I like the receiving corps and Lewerke - although I wish we had a true deep threat guy. right now our deep throws are mostly 15-20 yard post patterns. But the WRs are making plays and making tough catches and I like that Lewerke can extend plays or take off and get first downs.

After the game Warner said that Iowa started loading the box with more guys to force MSU to throw more in the 2nd half. So naturally, Warner just kept calling running plays into the stuffed line of scrimmage anyways. Seriously, what the fuck is this guy still calling plays for?????

loyalty, of course.

Back