Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Yu Darvish is the worst trade deadline SP that the Dodgers could have acquired.

Just a guess, Keuchel might be pitching the 8th, then maybe Astro's manager plans for Verlander to pitch the 9th?

Morton starts the 8th,

Last edited:
He is pitching great don't over think and keep him in in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yu Darvish is the worst trade deadline SP that the Dodgers could have acquired.

Yeah.

I was thinking...

Since the Tigers were negotiating to deal Verlander anyway...

I guess I could be totally bummed that the Dodgers didn't deal for Verlander instead of Darvish...

Verlander warming up what about Keuchel the lefty ? He should be fresher then Jv.

Yeah.

I was thinking...

Since the Tigers were negotiating to deal Verlander anyway...

I guess I could be totally bummed that the Dodgers didn't deal for Verlander instead of Darvish...

As I post a reply, Verlander is warming up in the Astros bullpen.

Justin thought he was going to go to either the Dodgers or the Cubs.

I don't think the Astros make it to the World Series, getting through the ALCS without JV.

I don't think the Astros make it to the World Series, getting through the ALCS without JV.

No way they make it. He was so amazing for them down the strech.

Morton what a great job by him 4 innings . No way they thought he would do that.

I was born in November of 1984, approximately one month after the Tigers won the World Series. So I can honestly say this is the first time in my lifetime I am legitimately happy to witness the winner of the World Series.

So happy for JV and the city of Houston. Awesome!!

Bitter sweet seeing Maybin and Jv get rings. Like that Houston wins a title and I guess it's ok to see jv getting a ring but it stinks it's not in a tiger uniform! !!

Congratulations Justin!! Tigers fan are so very happy for you to Win a World Series!! Congratulations. Now onward to the HOF wearing a Tiger's Cap.

I'm glad a guy like Morton just did what he did ..Not a superstar. Endured injuries and hardships to get there and he really delevered big time..

Last edited:
Yeah, JV and to a much lesser degree, Maybin winning rings is bittersweet for Tigers fans, when their 5 postseason teams over the past 11 seasons failed fairly miserably.

The fact that the Tigers are now about as far away as an MLB franchise can get from fielding a contender, just makes it sting even more...sigh.

Last edited:

Definitely not.

I think, unfortunately, the Tigers have don't anymore have much of chance to be any good before the end of JV's career, and he ain't likely going back to the Tigers.

So now that he's not undealable, I guess I can hope he can land with the Dodgers, and help the Dodgers win rings the way Kirk Gibson did.

Kinda bittersweet...

Back