Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Altuve capture first MVP Awards

Still don't understand why they have these awards so late after the season finishes. And why they can't announce all in the same day.

Still don't understand why they have these awards so late after the season finishes. And why they can't announce all in the same day.

they are trying to keep interest in baseball during the off season. By spreading the announcements out they keep baseball in the headlines longer.

they are trying to keep interest in baseball during the off season. By spreading the announcements out they keep baseball in the headlines longer.

It doesn't work. I doubt very few, maybe if you have a dog in the race, that others are waiting in anticipation on these announcements. The same reason I lost interest in college football once they started spreading the bowl games out. I used to love it when all games finished on the first of the year..

Especially when all other major sports are in full bloom.

It doesn't work. I doubt very few, maybe if you have a dog in the race, that others are waiting in anticipation on these announcements. The same reason I lost interest in college football once they started spreading the bowl games out. I used to love it when all games finished on the first of the year..

Especially when all other major sports are in full bloom.

any interest / air time baseball gets at this time of the year is better than none. The NFL oes the same thing with the way they schedule their off season. Keep the product in the media as much as possible.

any interest / air time baseball gets at this time of the year is better than none. The NFL oes the same thing with the way they schedule their off season. Keep the product in the media as much as possible.

Maybe things like the GM winter meetings but awards? Seems trivial.

So you're saying any news is better than no news? So after the SB you'll be waiting in anticipation for another Kaepernick story?

when did I say that? Baseball spreading out the announcements is a smart move. Every day they announce an award winner it will be mentioned on sports updates and sports internet sites.

when did I say that? Baseball spreading out the announcements is a smart move. Every day they announce an award winner it will be mentioned on sports updates and sports internet sites.

It's not like they're going to get more fans because of it.

I just wish they did all within 3 days of the WS end. When more people still have baseball on their mind.

It's not like they're going to get more fans because of it.

I just wish they did all within 3 days of the WS end. When more people still have baseball on their mind.

stretching it out keeps baseball on people's mind longer

I disagree. It's either on your mind or isn't regardless the awards afterward.

I disagree. It's either on your mind or isn't regardless the awards afterward.

we are talking about it. If they passed out the award 3 weeks ago we certainly wouldn't be talking about and there would have been no baseball talk on ESPN yesterday.

we are talking about it. If they passed out the award 3 weeks ago we certainly wouldn't be talking about and there would have been no baseball talk on ESPN yesterday.

I wouldn't have known if it wasn't posted here.. I don't read ESPN, baseball or not. Peace.

But it doesn't interest me.

I might have started the dumbest conversation yet.

Back