Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cavs 116 Pistons 88 Final

Reggie had 9 points and 4 assist last five minutes and played great basketball down the strech verse Minnesota.

Pistons coming off a back to back . Not sure how rested the cavs are.

Pistons coming off a back to back . Not sure how rested the cavs are.

Cavs last played the 17th, so this is going to be one of the most rested games they play all year. This is probably a schedule-loss kind of game, where we are playing a B2B just as the opponent is as fully rested as they can be. But we'll see which Cleveland team shows up. If it's the Cleveland team of lazy rotations and guards that die on every pick, we'll have the open shots to make up for otherwise tired legs.

Cleveland is riding a 4-game winning streak, but all those wins were pretty close and against bad teams (Dallas, NYC, Charlotte, and Clippers).

The big obstacle is who can guard Lebron. It should be a team effort overall, but somebody still has to step up to the plate. Cleveland goes as Lebron goes. So if we can get in his face early and disrupt his rhythm, the rest of the team will struggle along with him.

I guess the Pistons are pretenders sadly.

Of course they are. Doesn't mean the season can't still be enjoyable. This is just how the NBA works these days. If you're not one of the "super teams" you're dead in the water as far as title hopes go.

This game should not be taken that seriously. As mentioned already, Cleveland was on three days rest and the Pistons were on the back end of a back to back. This was a schedule loss, and it looked it.

Last edited:
I missed this game and I'm pretty sure I won't be watching the replay. Looks ugly.

This game should not be taken that seriously. As mentioned already, Cleveland was on three days rest and the Pistons were on the back end of a back to back. This was a schedule loss, and it looked it.

The Pistons are supposed to be this super deep team. A back to back should not impact them that much. They were down almost 40 points. If the Pistons run into the Cavs in the playoffs they will be playing the rested Cavs every night.

The Pistons are supposed to be this super deep team. A back to back should not impact them that much. They were down almost 40 points. If the Pistons run into the Cavs in the playoffs they will be playing the rested Cavs every night.

In that case the Pistons will also be rested, unlike last night. I know we want to take more from this game because it's the Cavaliers, but we just can't. Rest is a huge issue in the NBA. There have been a ton of articles last year, and the league even moved to try and help the schedule. It's a much bigger problem than fans seem to realize.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21236405/nba-schedule-alert-20-games

First read about the game with the Pacers from Nov 8. That's basically the exact reverse of what happened with us last night. The only reason last night didn't make the list is because we were at home.

In that case the Pistons will also be rested, unlike last night. I know we want to take more from this game because it's the Cavaliers, but we just can't. Rest is a huge issue in the NBA. There have been a ton of articles last year, and the league even moved to try and help the schedule. It's a much bigger problem than fans seem to realize.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21236405/nba-schedule-alert-20-games

First read about the game with the Pacers from Nov 8. That's basically the exact reverse of what happened with us last night. The only reason last night didn't make the list is because we were at home.

The Pistons have had 3 back to backs this year. They are 2-1 on their second games.

The Pistons have had 3 back to backs this year. They are 2-1 on their second games.

The first win was against a terrible Knicks team in the third game of the season. Rest was not as big a factor. Second win was a legitimately great game from the Pistons. Those happen too. Three games is not a useful sample size for something like this.

Look, the reality is that the Pistons aren't really going to challenge the Warriors or Celtics for the title. From that perspective, it's true we aren't real contenders (just like 25 other teams). And when Cleveland gets up for a game, they do have more talent than we do. My whole point is that overreacting to a single big loss (under known difficult circumstances) is silly.

The first win was against a terrible Knicks team in the third game of the season. Rest was not as big a factor. Second win was a legitimately great game from the Pistons. Those happen too. Three games is not a useful sample size for something like this.

Look, the reality is that the Pistons aren't really going to challenge the Warriors or Celtics for the title. From that perspective, it's true we aren't real contenders (just like 25 other teams). And when Cleveland gets up for a game, they do have more talent than we do. My whole point is that overreacting to a single big loss (under known difficult circumstances) is silly.

It's silly to overreact to any loss in a season as long as an NBA season. But, blaming being down almost 40 points to a back to back is also silly.

The Cavs and Celtics are the barometers in the east. The Pistons miserably failed their first test.

It's silly to overreact to any loss in a season as long as an NBA season. But, blaming being down almost 40 points to a back to back is also silly.

The Cavs and Celtics are the barometers in the east. The Pistons miserably failed their first test.

I seem to recall they won at Golden State already this year? Unless you're just referring to eastern teams?

Back