Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

grandy

Playoff Schedule

Wild Card Round
1/6: 6 Atlanta @ 3 LA Rams
1/7: 5 Carolina @ 4 New Orleans
Byes: 1 Philadelphia and 2 Minnesota

Playoff Standings

Division Leaders
1. Philadelphia.......13-3 (Com games over Min)
2. Minnesota.........13-3
3. LA Rams...........11-5 (H2H over NO)
4. New Orleans......11-5 (H2H over Car)

Wild Cards
5. Carolina............11-5
6. Atlanta..............10-6

Eliminated
7. Detroit.............9-7
8. Seattle...............9-7
9. Dallas................9-7
10. Arizona.............8-8
11. Green Bay.........7-9
12. Washington.......7-9
13. San Francisco....6-10
14. Chicago............5-11
15. Tampa Bay........5-11
16. NY Giants.........3-13

Tiebreak Rules

Underline = Clinched Division
Italics = Clinched Playoff Berth

Last edited:
Rams,Vikings, Falcons, Carolina and Seattle all have tough schedules. And many play each other so helps in either wild card or division

Thursday matters the most though for division. Can't go 3 back essentially with 5 to play. 5-0 Lions and 1-4 Vikings would need to happen in that case

That 10 second run off bullshit better not haunt the Lions

Last edited:
Rams,Vikings, Falcons, Carolina and Seattle all have tough schedules. And many play each other so helps in either wild card or division

Thursday matters the most though for division. Can't go 3 back essentially with 5 to play. 5-0 Lions and 1-4 Vikings would need to happen in that case

Getting nervous and looking for excuses LKP?

Thanks Grandy for doing the work up !

Dang 10-6 may leave us on the outside of the playoff hunt .

Last edited:

That's what happen when your dumb ass OC throws it short of the end zone. His typical MO inside the red zone.

Thanks Grandy for doing the work up !

Dang 10-6 may leave us on the outside of the playoff hunt .

Obviously Thursday is extremely important...

That said, we should be rooting hard for NO for the Lions to win a WC spot. A loss for Carolina and LA and two losses for Atlanta would be a huge help.

I like the Saints anyway so I don?t mind hopping on board the 14-2 train.

We are talking about the Lions so you can pretty much be assured that it will.

but that's ok cuz they'll change the rule for us for next year.

The Lions are literally 2 yards away (Falcons game and Steelers game) from 8-2 and leading the division. And Stafford injury from a better game with the Saints. This place would be a lot more peaceful then

The Lions are literally 2 yards away (Falcons game and Steelers game) from 8-2 and leading the division. And Stafford injury from a better game with the Saints. This place would be a lot more peaceful then

Yep 2 yards short, that doesn't change the outcome of those games to wins. Get over it, we're 6-4

Yep 2 yards short, that doesn't change the outcome of those games to wins. Get over it, we're 6-4

But good enough for 8-2 discussion. People are acting like we are 2-8

Last edited:
Btw let's just put this Wild Card tiebreaker stuff to bed. I don't want the playoffs if it's not from a division title slot. Suffering through a 17-week season just to see another road playoff game one and done holds no appeal for me.

Yeah Quinn has done some good things but he whiffed on this one. Philly got him for virtually nothing. If nothing else it may have motivated Abdullah.

I think he whiffed worse on not trading for Marcel Dareus

Last edited:
Then there's a case for 10-0. They were within a score within 5 minutes in all 4 losses.

Very true too. Come backs against Saints and Panthers with some major injuries for Detroit on those days including Stafford against the Saints leading to 3 picks.

Can't wait to play the Saints in the playoffs

I don?t think that with a few breaks our way, that the Lions could have won every game since the year 2000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don?t think that with a few breaks our way, that the Lions could have won every game since the year 2000.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The team was trash in 2001-2009

Stafford hurt in 2010 with rising young team

2011 and beyond have been good for most part.

Updated after yesterday's games

11-5 still probably gives the Lions a good shot at a wild card spot, but they certainly made it much harder on themselves going forward. Losing even one game might cost them a chance at the playoffs.

Back