Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit 118 Celtics 108 Final

AD
6-8 from the free throw line .

118 on a team only giving up 96 a game!!!

Holy shit I love Avery Bradley's attitude! What a great player to have on your team. Svg said in post game not one guy has asked for extra shots this team shares the ball so much. Easy to coach

Last edited:
Last time a player had 26 points 22 rebounds and 5 or 6 assists in Boston was Wilt Chamberlain in 1966-67..

Of course ESPN's lead story involved the Kyrie-less Bron-Bron and the Cav's recent resurgence, and less about the Piston's road win over the high-flying Celts, except for their former member Bradley's grand reception in Bahstun. Kinda lost interest in the NBA once LeBron became their marquee star, and especially when he played for the Heat. Still followed the Pistons but only peripherally, despite Dumars' fuckups in the draft and piss-poor team-building.

Hopefully the Pistons can continue their contender success this season, b/c none of our other pro-sports teams are very worthy, especially the Tigers, who we can only root for them not to lose 100+ games next year.

Last edited:
Of course ESPN's lead story involved the Kyrie-less Bron-Bron and the Cav's recent resurgence, and less about the Piston's road win over the high-flying Celts, except for their former member Bradley's grand reception in Bahstun. Kinda lost interest in the NBA once LeBron became their marquee star, and especially when he played for the Heat. Still followed the Pistons but only peripherally, despite Dumars' fuckups in the draft and piss-poor team-building.

the NBA is a star driven league and the Pistons don't have a star

the NBA is a star driven league and the Pistons don't have a star

Welll....neither did the '04 NBA championship Pistons, they won mainly as a unit. But the Lakers had Johnson, who magically disappeared for the Finals.

Welll....neither did the '04 NBA championship Pistons, they won mainly as a unit. But the Lakers had Johnson, who magically disappeared for the Finals.

I'm just talking about the coverage. Nobody cares about a team like the Pistons except for fans of that team.

I'm just talking about the coverage. Nobody cares about a team like the Pistons except for fans of that team.

That may be true, except for basketball fans who participate in NBA
fantasy leagues. As for myself, I don't care to exspend that much of my time keeping track of players and teams, especially the NFL, when following college stars also is somewhat important.

Very impressive. They just got through a tough 4 game stretch by going 3-1. All three wins on the road @TWolves, @Thunder, and @Celts. Only lost to the Cavs at home. Very good stuff!

Looking ahead after a home game with the Suns we've got another difficult 4-game road trip. @Wizards, @Philly, @Spurs, @Bucks, followed by two home games against the Warriors and Celtics again. Then the schedule starts to lighten up some.

Let's see how they do here.

@Wizards, @Philly, @Spurs, @Bucks, followed by two home games agains t the Warriors and Celtics again. Then the schedule starts to lighten up some.

Let's see how they do here.

3-1 on the road seems very doable, with a lone loss @ Spurs. But going 2-2 is the only other acceptable outcome. Beating both the Warriors and the Celtics (consecutively road and home) is a pretty tall order, which is why returning with a winning road record is very important.

Last edited:

Hopefully the Pistons can continue their contender success this season, b/c none of our other pro-sports teams are very worthy, especially the Tigers, who we can only root for them not to lose 100+ games next year.

Yup it was shameful coverage . But it's expected . Until the teams in Michigan in all sports start winning regularly we will not be taken seriously sadly.

When I was younger I cared about coverage, respect, and power rankings. The second I stopped caring about those things, sports became so much more enjoyable.

When I was younger I cared about coverage, respect, and power rankings. The second I stopped caring about those things, sports became so much more enjoyable.

When I was younger, from boy to teenage years - if a local team lost I'd be pissed (sad) until they won again. Those long losing streaks by the Lions would just about kill me. Which is why now about 2 minutes after a game I don't give it a thought.

My Dad's favorite saying, "if you studied in school like you do that sports page you'd get straight A's." Good old days.

Last edited:
Back