Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tennessee is a mess!

wheels002

They were talking to Dan Mullen but he took the Florida job. Then they have a deal with Greg SChiano all signed and they back out after students and boosters throw a fit in part because of his ties to the Penn St cover up. The students actually held a protest rally.

Students and boosters did the right thing. Fuck everyone involved with the Penn State child rape scandal. They deserve the worst.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I guess this is good for Tennessee. I think Schiano would be a horrible hire for a lot of reasons, but mostly because of that one.

this thread can also serve as our monthly reminder that Ohio St KNOWINGLY employs a man - if you can call him a man - who helped cover up child rape.

There has to be some good, hard-working coaches of mid-majors in the area (Memphis?) with proven track records of success, that could do the job, and would relish the opportunity.

although, when you shit on coaches publicly like a lot of SEC ADs & boosters do, it's probably hard to get a guy like that to come work for you.

prior to this Schiano debacle, I would say Tenn was at least better situated than UF, Arkansas, or Texas A&M in that regard. I get in some cases these people are pissed after a loss, but how do you dump your coach mid-season or on the field after a loss? I get that might please the loudmouths sitting in the stands, but the athletic departments should be headed by people that can control their emotions, think carefully, plan, etc.

who wants to go work for a boss that fires people like that? You're only going to get desperate people, or shameless people like Lane Kiffin

They could hire Hoke!! LOL!

Good point about OSU. I guess they and their fans have no problem employing Schiano.

Looked up what was said. McQueary said that he told Tom Bradley what he witnessed, and Tom Bradley said he had heard things like that from Schiano. Both Bradley and Schiano deny having had any reason to suspect rape (of course). But it is a quote about a ten year old conversation and not a direct witness.

It would be interesting to get a better look into OSU's vetting process.

Let's not get it twisted. They don't want Schiano because he's not that good of a head coach and he's not Jon Gruden.

If he was Greg Schiano without a past history of head coaching and was some super up and coming name, he'd be the coach. I'm not buying this moral high ground BS.

Last edited:
I guess this is good for Tennessee. I think Schiano would be a horrible hire for a lot of reasons, but mostly because of that one.

this thread can also serve as our monthly reminder that Ohio St KNOWINGLY employs a man - if you can call him a man - who helped cover up child rape.

You are a lawyer, right? Since when is once-removed hearsay from a witness deposition proof of wrongdoing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess there is no direct proof that Schiano KNEW about Sandusky and his actions.

Then there are tons of stories from people in the area that "everyone" knew of his actions...

Then there are tons of stories from people in the area that "everyone" knew of his actions...

That's why I think the Penn St BOD was so quick to blame all the most important football people and admin, pay $60 million, and accept penalties. They probably knew too.

They should hire Les Miles. Get the program moving again. After 10yrs, Miles will step down to someone who can take over from his staff for some continuity or maybe in 10-12yrs there is some brilliant mind that is willing to come then. Miles is hugely safe bet when no one wants the job.

They should hire Les Miles. Get the program moving again. After 10yrs, Miles will step down to someone who can take over from his staff for some continuity or maybe in 10-12yrs there is some brilliant mind that is willing to come then. Miles is hugely safe bet when no one wants the job.

Hire Miles, keep Hoke, then go after DeBord...

Mike Gundy rejected the offer to coach the Vols for more money than the GNP of Europe.

Another option would be Tee Martin from USC, but it seems like idiots are running the show in Knoxville and have no clue how to go about hiring a new coach. Truly fuckheads. Martin is an alum and won them a NC in 1998. He is now a proven OC and could probably take the next step to HC. These fuckheads have options, they are just face fucking themselves.

Jeff Brohm is the latest name on the list of replacements.

Back