Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Outback Bowl: Michigan vs South Carolina

seems JH and Dantonio are having a little twitter spat

JH Saw Coach D comments on continuing to "focus" on how "he" can beat Michigan. Congrats on turning around a 3-9 team, plagued with off field issues. Good for BIG to have him back.

Dantonio: "I turned this team around and beat Michigan, hurr"

Harbaugh: "Yes, Good for you, but you also went 3-9 and lost to Michigan."

Dantonio: *grumbles incoherently and sulks back to his East Lansing McMansion*

MSU fans call coach D the greatest coach in the country.

The best coach in the nation is coaching at Michigan State? News to me. I bet those comments spiked during MSU?s tight affair with Ohio State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started seeing it right after they upset Penn St

Hasn't really stopped at the various sites I look at...fb, mlive, etc

I don't leave comments on those sites, though. I just read them.

I started seeing it right after they upset Penn St

Hasn't really stopped at the various sites I look at...fb, mlive, etc

I don't leave comments on those sites, though. I just read them.

The PSU game was a bit of an anomaly with the big delay and all. But I am not detracting one bit from the accomplishment.

Last edited:
The best coach in the nation is coaching at Michigan State? News to me. I bet those comments spiked during MSU?s tight affair with Ohio State.

Well... Yeah.

just imagine how lopsided the score would have been if they DIDN'T have the best coach in the nation on the sideline.

Well... Yeah.

just imagine how lopsided the score would have been if they DIDN'T have the best coach in the nation on the sideline.

The team might have remained in the locker room under any other coach.

I'm sure there are some that call him that, that's hardly a consensus. I think it's fair to call him one of the best in the country, but to say that MSU fans in general consider him the best is a reach at best. I would say that he's the best coach for our program, there's nobody on any level that I would rather have than him.

Last edited:
Remember when they said it was all a media-savvy act aimed at getting attention?

I'm sure there are some that call him that, that's hardly a consensus. I think it's fair to call him one of the best in the country, but to say that MSU fans in general consider him the best is a reach at best. I would say that he's the best coach for our program, there's nobody on any level that I would rather have than him.

I don't value your opinion

I've been wondering all along how "the greatest coach in the country" would coach a team to 3-9 in the first place.

MSU did beat Michigan and PSU this season, though. I don't know how both would equate to a guy being "the greatest coach in the country."

I don't spend too much time trying to understand Sparty logic.

What am I supposed to be butt hurt about?

I'm certainly not butthurt that Sparty considers their coach the best in the country. I just think it is silly and thought it pertained to the conversation that was already going on.

I've been wondering all along how "the greatest coach in the country" would coach a team to 3-9 in the first place.

MSU did beat Michigan and PSU this season, though. I don't know how both would equate to a guy being "the greatest coach in the country."

I don't spend too much time trying to understand Sparty logic.
I don't know anyone on these boards claiming he's the best in the country, maybe just the best fit for MSU. This isn't based on beating an overrated Michigan team this year but based on his entire tenure at MSU.

Harbaugh is also the best fit for Michigan as well. He's short on results but he did have spring break in Italy and had Jeter and Brady show up for signing of the stars. MSU fans can only wish they had that kind of publicity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't know anyone on these boards claiming he's the best in the country, maybe just the best fit for MSU. This isn't based on beating an overrated Michigan team this year but based on his entire tenure at MSU.

Harbaugh is also the best fit for Michigan as well. He's short on results but he did have spring break in Italy and had Jeter and Brady show up for signing of the stars. MSU fans can only wish they had that kind of publicity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I never said it was anyone from these boards. Go back and read it again.

Obviously when making a statement like this, the "some" is implied. I would never think to know what is on the minds of all Spartan fans, nor have I ever claimed to have read statements from every single Spartan fan on the planet. Just that I have seen this stated from several in various places I go that you might find something like this, such as FB and mlive.

Obviously when making a statement like this, the "some" is implied. I would never think to know what is on the minds of all Spartan fans, nor have I ever claimed to have read statements from every single Spartan fan on the planet. Just that I have seen this stated from several in various places I go that you might find something like this, such as FB and mlive.

In just about every top 10 list I've seen online MD is in the top 10, there were some that downgraded him a little after 2016 but I'm sure he's up there in the rankings going forward. Of course those are all subjective but to say that a small percentage of fans of a program whose coach ranks in the top 10 think he is the best isn't really anything outlandish.

So MD is a ?Top-10? coach. Source: ?lists I?ve seen online.? Let?s thrash something else now.

Back