Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk > Politics

Old 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
I don't see where it states that the Torah s/b an elective in public schools....why not? Or any other relgious tomes of note. I never spotted even one bible in 9 years while attending parochial schools.
You lost me. I have no idea how this fits your argument or argues against anything I said. Am I missing an argument?

Let me say it still another way:
A huge portion of people including huge numbers of Jewish and Christian voters, vote for whatever makes them the most money - NOT whether their religious goals are being met, or what circumstances we are under. It is no mystery, as you state, is all that I am saying.

You seriously don't get my point?!?

The comment about the biased links was a secondary observation.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWDUP View Post
You lost me. I have no idea how this fits your argument or argues against anything I said. Am I missing an argument?

Let me say it still another way:
A huge portion of people including huge numbers of Jewish and Christian voters, vote for whatever makes them the most money - NOT whether their religious goals are being met, or what circumstances we are under. It is no mystery, as you state, is all that I am saying.

You seriously don't get my point?!?

The comment about the biased links was a secondary observation.

That part where it states our Judeo-Christian heritage, yet ignores the difference in prayers and holy books @ public schools. It also isn't exactly a secret, that most fundamentalists and evangelicals, and the more extremist portions of other denominations, really do want the establishment of an official and Christian state religion being recognised legally. The FLDS and Jewish beliefs, or any others, not so much. It is all about money with their leadership, but I won't discount other motivations by the followers. If it is about $$, then why are there people of faith who identify with every party, not only R or D? As well as family members including husbands and wives who differ? Could it be an emotional decision, and not a monetary one?

Last edited by turok; 12-08-2017 at 07:01 PM.