Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

? re: search for new coach.

zyxt9

Does the NHL require at least one minority be interviewed for head coach like the NFL? Not a racist comment...it woukd be nice to see more minorities playing hockey IMO, and a coach would help grow those ranks I think.

Not that I expect the Wings to do that as they seem to already have their guy targeted, just a curiousitt question..

As far as I'm aware, the NFL is the only sports organization with a "Rooney Rule" in place.

A couple soccer leagues in Europe have actually been kicking the idea around, but that's about it as far as I I know.

Last edited:
that would be funny...the same black college coach would get interviewed over and over again!

The Rooney Rule wouldn't work in hockey. It has been, and will pretty much always be a Caucasian-dominated sport. Hockey is beyond expensive to play so it doesn't appeal to urban areas. There is a massive European influence. Using that rule would be so forced, moreso than it already is.

Back