Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FIFA officals face Extradition

I saw this!

crazy.

I assume the 2018 World Cup award to Russia was bound by a lot of corrupt dealings, but it's still nothing compared to Qatar... I really hope they rescind their award and re-locate that one. Would be fun if it's in the U.S.!

We all knew it was a corrupt vote..I do not think they can change it after all construction done so far.. I work conditions are terrible for the workers building those stadiums in Qatar.. Jail them all!!!!!

14 people indicted. I hope Blatter gets busted somehow.. He is so corrupt its not even funny..

http://www.espnfc.com/world-cup-soccer/story/2468499/fifa-corruption-the-indicted-defendants

The nine defendants connected to FIFA are:

- Jeffrey Webb: Current FIFA vice president and executive committee member, CONCACAF president, Caribbean Football Union (CFU) executive committee member and Cayman Islands Football Association (CIFA) president.

- Eduardo Li: Current FIFA executive committee member-elect, CONCACAF executive committee member and Costa Rican soccer federation (FEDEFUT) president.

- Julio Rocha: Current FIFA development officer. Former Central American Football Union (UNCAF) president and Nicaraguan soccer federation (FENIFUT) president.

- Costas Takkas: Current attache to the CONCACAF president. Former CIFA general secretary.

- Jack Warner: Former FIFA vice president and executive committee member, CONCACAF president, CFU president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser.

- Eugenio Figueredo: Current FIFA vice president and executive committee member. Former CONMEBOL president and Uruguayan soccer federation (AUF) president.

- Rafael Esquivel: Current CONMEBOL executive committee member and Venezuelan soccer federation (FVF) president.

- Jos? Maria Marin: Current member of the FIFA organising committee for the Olympic football tournaments. Former CBF president.

- Nicolas Leoz: Former FIFA executive committee member and CONMEBOL president.

Last edited:
Qatar's national team is an absolute joke. Who's going to win the 2026 bid, Vatican City?

1200 workers have already died in qatar; estimated that 4000 will die by the time 2022 rolls around.

link.

thats fucked up.

It's up to 1200.. Holy crap.. I saw the documentary in which conditions were terrible for workers over there but I most have heard a different number.. damn that is terrible..

It's up to 1200.. Holy crap.. I saw the documentary in which conditions were terrible for workers over there but I most have heard a different number.. damn that is terrible..

the WaPo updated their report now to say that number is based on all migrant worker deaths in Qatar during the time period, not just the ones working on WC facilities.

presumably it's still a lot though.

the really shocking thing is, they know the whole world is watching, but they still can't provide their migrant workers with safe working conditions? They don't even care.

all that oil money, and they can't build some air-conditioned huts, safe drinking water, and set up enough field hospitals to treat their workers & monitor health?

Yeah just freaking greedy oil billionaires who do not give a rats ass about the workers. They can still make tons of money and do what you said above..

Back