Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hackett is The Man ...Overshadowed by Harbaugh!

I agree, but I don't really remember "many" snickering at Hackett; I think he won most of the fanbase over with his calm, rational, introductory speech, and comments on the coaching search, particularly the way he framed the whole "Michigan Man" thing as being out-of-date (as he mentioned, the sports fanboys don't realize there's an entirely different gender out there that supports Michigan as well), and often taken out-of-context.

if the odd Buckeye or Spartan at the time posted about no one wanting the Michigan job, that's not "many snickering" that's "nobody snickering."

They're nobodies!

Referencing his own work, I take this line to be the "snickering" ...only it was ignorant snickering while Hackett the Master was calmly working away -

"As a result, many have poked fun at Michigan and interim Athletic Director Jim Hackett, reading the prolonged silence as an indication that Michigan is bungling yet another search for a football coach."

Back